SampleTank 4 SE sounds question

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 SE sounds question

Postby dsgbass » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:22 pm

Hi everyone, I installed the full version of SampleTank 4 over the weekend using Product Manager. No issues with the install, everything seems to work, now I'm just trying to verify that I got all the samples.

In Product Manager > Sounds, in addition to SampleTank 4 (88.3GB) I see an entry for SampleTank 4 SE Download - size 28.4GB (7 of 13 files remaining). Can I disregard these files for SE since I have the full ST4 installed? I'm assuming the SE content is already in the full ST4 library.

If IK is following these threads, two suggestions:

1) It's 2021 - please consider digitally signing your installers.

2) The SampleTank 4 installation and authorization manual does not mention the Product Manager. I think if the manual were updated to document the new PM install process, it would eliminate a lot of issues and questions caused by folks attempting manual installs from the zip files.

Thanks,

-D
dsgbass

Re: SampleTank 4 SE sounds question

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:30 pm

Yes, as I understand it all the ST4 SE library is included in the ST4 library. To confirm you could do a quick comparison of the instruents in each of the sub-folders.

Or, check out the PDF linked here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#soundlist. The last PDF compares the editions.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More