Can't install Syntronik Sounds

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Can't install Syntronik Sounds

Postby throughshadowintolight » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:10 am

Hi all,

I just installed Syntronik with no problem through the IK Product Manager. The main application opens and runs with no issues. However, when I try to install the downloaded sounds from the .dmg files for all the various synth models the installers won't open. They all crash instantly, so I can't install the complete sound library. I've contacted support with crash reports but they are still asking me to repeat the steps I've already taken and don't seem to understand the actual problem. I've rebooted my Mac, removed the original Syntronik installation and all preferences and reinstalled from scratch but nothing seems to work. I still get the same error every time. The disk images mount, but as soon as I run the actual installer app for any synth model it crashes.

Has anyone else on Mac OSX 11.4 had similar issues with the Syntronik sound library installers?

It seems to me it might be some kind of permissions issue or incompatibility with Big Sur with these older installer apps as all other IK Multimedia installer apps have worked flawlessly.
throughshadowintolight

Re: Can't install Syntronik Sounds

Postby throughshadowintolight » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:51 am

It is possible to manually install the sounds, I just tried it successfully. Just copy the folders from Instruments, Samples, and Library Info from the installer Sound Content folder to your SampleTank 3 content location, being careful to place the relevant files into the correct folders in the SampleTank 3 directories. Then hit the rescan instruments button in Syntronik > Settings > Library and it should load them all if they are in the right locations.

Hope this helps someone! Hopefully they can update the installer apps soon.
throughshadowintolight

Postby grimmwerks » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:13 am

So they're going under ST3 and not ST4 installation?
grimmwerks

Postby throughshadowintolight » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:41 am

grimmwerks wrote:So they're going under ST3 and not ST4 installation?

Yes, under SampleTank 3.
throughshadowintolight

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More