Needing a pak File

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Needing a pak File

Postby lahatte » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:01 am

Hi,

I am on Windows, and have moved my SampleTank sound content from my C drive to a different drive, but one pak file I couldn't copy because Windows said it couldn't read from the disk.

I wonder if someone might be able to supply me with that file. It is the Pop-Rock Crash Cymbals.pak, and on my system was located in the default location:

C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Samples\01 Acoustic Drums\Kit Components\Crash Cymbal Sets

Thanks!
Clay
lahatte

Re: Needing a pak File

Postby Promidi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:52 pm

I have checked on my backed up source files of the Sampletank 3 content and “Pop-Rock Crash Cymbals.pak” is in the following file:

SampleTank_3_Sound_Content_Part_1.zip

You should be able to extract this file from your backup of the source files that you would have made.
Promidi

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:45 pm

Note that someone else cannot supply the file without breaking the EULA. If you have trouble with the very legal suggestion above of reinstalling the specific file @promidi kindly researched and identified for you, the IK Support team can give you proper guidance and resolve your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lahatte » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:49 am

Promidi wrote:I have checked on my backed up source files of the Sampletank 3 content and “Pop-Rock Crash Cymbals.pak” is in the following file:

SampleTank_3_Sound_Content_Part_1.zip

Aah, yes. Thanks. I had forgotten that I might have those files. Those were before using the IK Product Manager, which doesn't provide for saving the downloaded files for backup, so I was thinking I didn't have any of the source files.
lahatte

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:41 pm

IK Product Manager stores the downloaded files and does not delete them. If you don't delete those yourself, they remain and you can use that as your backup. However, you can also move those files to an external drive, cloud service, etc if you'd like to back them up elsewhere.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:53 pm

I move them off to an external disk after successful installation so that my weekly disk image back-ups do not back up many, many GBs unnecessarily.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby lahatte » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:39 pm

Peter_IK wrote:IK Product Manager stores the downloaded files and does not delete them. If you don't delete those yourself, they remain and you can use that as your backup. However, you can also move those files to an external drive, cloud service, etc if you'd like to back them up elsewhere.

Where does it put those? Thanks.
lahatte

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:00 am

lahatte wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:IK Product Manager stores the downloaded files and does not delete them. If you don't delete those yourself, they remain and you can use that as your backup. However, you can also move those files to an external drive, cloud service, etc if you'd like to back them up elsewhere.

Where does it put those? Thanks.

You can see the location in the settings section (click the gear) on IK Product Manager.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More