Installing SampleTank libraries

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Installing SampleTank libraries

Postby MrFigg » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:48 pm

[Mod: these posts are split into their own topic, for clarity]

By the way, if I want to install all the sound libraries to an external hard drive that’s straight forward to do right? Just install ST onto my C drive first. Will I get an option to choose where the libraries should be installed and will I then have to go in to settings on Sample Tank and specify the location of them? Thanks :)
MrFigg

Re: Is there a way to import backed up sounds into IK P-Mana

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:08 pm

Yes, but you set the destination folder for the ST4 Sounds Library in the IK Product Manager. Please see here: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26365

Edit: and after installing the library, select that destination in ST4's Preference Settings.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby MrFigg » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:20 pm

That’s great :). Many thanks DarkStar :)
MrFigg

Postby MrFigg » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:01 am

I’m getting ready to give up completely with SampleTank. I downloaded all the individual sound file zips from the website. I’ve made sure the Product Manager is pointed to the folder where the zip downloads are. When I try to install the sounds however the Product Manager starts to download everything again. Will I have to unzip and install each file individually?

Also, I tried installing L.A Confidential which went fine and showed up in ST4. For some reason though there were two L.A Confidential icons. One with a padlock on it.

Anybody help with either of these questions?

MrFigg

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:17 pm

There is no need to give up. Technical Support will be able to sort you out.
Last edited by DarkStar on Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: various typos
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby MrFigg » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:46 am

DarkStar wrote:There is no need to give up. Technical Support will be able to sort you out.

Thanks man. I think I was probably just really tired yesterday after working nights. I'll give it another go today and if I can't get it working I'll contact support. Thanks again.
MrFigg

Postby MrFigg » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:02 pm

Right...it's going better today. Just two (easy?) questions...

1. On the My Products page on the website under SampleTank 4 "Sounds Library Update" (separate from "Sounds Download") there's a file called SampleTank 4 Library Update 1.5. At the moment I'm installing the Sample Tank Sounds using Product Manager. Do I need to doenload the update 1.5 individually and then put it into the Sample Tank Downloads folder for it to install all will it install automatically?

2. If I want any extra sound packs to install should I put them into the SamplaeTank4 downloads folder or should I install them individually?

Thanks for any help. I think I'm on my way.
MrFigg

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:36 pm

A1: re Library Updates: the principle is that these Updates are provided for those users who downloaded and installed the main library files some time ago. This way they only need install the Update, not the whole library again.

When an Update is released its files are also put into the main Library downloads.

So you should be OK not to download it. Or, you can download it from your User Area /My Products/SampleTank 4 section, UnZip it and compare the Dates Modfied with those of the files in the main library download.

A2 All additional SampleTank 4 library packs should be installed into your SampleTank 4 library. Just set it in the IKPM "Install to ..." menu choice. In fact, once you have installed the main ST4 library you might not need to set that choice, as IKPM may find it automatically (Disclaimer: I have not tried that :))
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby MrFigg » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:44 pm

Many, many thanks. I was just in my way to log-in and answer my own questions. I’ve been downloading and installing for the best part of today and have pretty much managed to get everything working as it should. Some weird stuff with the SampleTron2 library installing to a drive I didn’t specify but other than that all great :).
Unfortunately I keep getting periodic Unknown Exception Errors when using ST4 in Reason 12. I’ll need to look more into that.
Thanks again for your help.
MrFigg

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More