Total Studio 2 MAX : installing Sample Tank 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Total Studio 2 MAX : installing Sample Tank 4

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:51 pm

Re my comment - I was just confirming what you saw. And in my case the "remaining" message looks to be inaccurate.

If you are talking of the various synths available in Syntronik, then the Syntronik software download (under the [Software] tab in the IKPM) DOES NOT expire. The synth sounds libraries for Syntronik (under the [Sounds] tab in the IKPM) DO expire.

Looking at your screenshot, I think that those names that start with _. are not Syntronik instruments; rather they are some resource files that OSX can use. If you look at them on disk, they are probably very small. Here, on Windows 7, I just delete them. Check with Technical Support, to be sure.

The web pages for the Syntronik synths show how many instruments there are in each (90 for Blau, 155 for 99). You could cross-check those against the .st3i on disk or the instruments listed in the ST3 Browser.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jayn_night » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:34 pm

Hi Dark Star,

The ‘remaining’ was inaccurate in some cases. But talking of it made me check what I had downloaded, and there was a few more I’d missed! So many sounds there! Thanks for your info…how many instruments for each synth, will look for it.

I will look into what you say at Syntronik software download.

I checked back into Sounds for syntronik, and there were quite a few packages I hadn’t got , took quite a while, I downloaded those. I think I’ve got them all, I just haven’t installed them all.

That might be why the product manager says ‘sounds expired’ now if it doesn’t register the download, only when they are installed.

The -. File names are duplicates, you can see name repeats, and nothing loads from them. It seems they could be ‘trashes’ or remnant from a previous installation. Perhaps you mean you delete them inside the ‘instruments’ folder on your drive.

Many thanks for your assistance, it was a pretty big task & I’d never have got through on my own.

Best of the day,
Thanks,
Jane
jayn_night

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:47 pm

Yes, with so much available it can all get a bit overwhelming. But take it one step (one product e,g, Syntronik and its sound libraries) at a time and you will be OK.

The "Expired downloads" means that the 180 days has been reached.

Carry on and install all the Syntronik Sounds libraries that you have.

Then, don't try installing the other products or sounds. :o Take a break and try out SampleTank exploring all the Syntronik sounds that are now available to you. :D

Those "_." files are something that OSX can use, but I am pretty sure that they are not essential. And, yes, I did delete them from disk, then rebuilt the cache database in ST3 (and Syntronik). Click the circular arrow button in the ST3 Browser (or Settings > Library > "Rescan instruments" in Syntronik)
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:53 pm

Also, you may find this FAQ helpful, in particular the folder hierarchies:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1239
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jayn_night » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:55 am

Nice One.will try tidying up the files remove the none files then refresh. Will look at that person other post.

Have you got much of their stuff. Like MixBox?

Do it’s a different beast as a stand-alone, on iPad, to in the DAW, isn’t it?
.Best now
jayn_night

Postby DarkStar » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:57 pm

I do have several IKM products ;) (on Windows 7)

Yes, the IPad product is different from the PC/Mac product. On PC/Mac the standalone program and the plug-ins are the same.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jayn_night » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:18 pm

Thanks!

Wish I'd said d'you think it's worth having the Mixbox for computer, as well as the iPad which I got during its introduction. I need more leads than I could find as to how to use it.
Was recently thinking to get the computer version, and have got the trial.
Probably the will be some tutorials or promotion s on it.
It could be a luxury, but a very nice one.

I didn't see the program being discuss es in a forum.

All best!
jayn_night

Postby DarkStar » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:38 pm

MixBox is, I think, a selection of FX extracted from SampleTank 4 ("ST4") and AmpliTube 5 ("AT5"). Try it out on your computer. It is a convenient way of packaging up those FX for use on a track.

Make sure that the text is clear and sharp - several users have reported blurred text, but that should be fixed by now.

MixBox is discussed here:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewforum.php?f=13
along with its big brother T_Racks 5 ("TR5").
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jayn_night » Mon May 16, 2022 4:28 pm

jayn_night wrote:[Split into its own thread for clarity]

I have a problem with the installing of my sample tank content from Total studio 2 Max. Could you possibly help, I’m contents. I opened some instruments.

I downloaded part of the contents and played with some of it. then I-moved the directory off my MacBook to external drive. I’ve got confused as…I moved the folder without realising. . Do you know the best procedure.. can I have an IK multimedia folder on my external drive for sample tank studio 2 max library contents? Your help would be great thank you!

Jane Greer

I wanted to add a screenshot for more information on where it's at for me. not sure I know how to with this screen. In ST4 sidebar you can see the icons of most of the items with a download symbol.
Anyway, as I came back here now, I just noticed an unread post where someone describes what I've experienced sample tank 3 dmg's are quitted/crashed. They have a Mac.
jayn_night

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More