ST4 Browser Problem With ST2.5 Instruments

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4 Browser Problem With ST2.5 Instruments

Postby lag » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:46 am

Is there any way to search for instruments in the ST4 browser based on what folder they are in? My problem is this: I have a bunch of ST2.5 libraries like Sampletron 1, which I converted to ST3 format, and have since successful loaded into ST4. ( I know I was successful because the old presets I have using them are working).

The problem is I can’t find an easy way of just calling up the instruments from Sampletron 1 or some other 2.5 library. It was easy to do in the ST3 browser because it was based on folders. I can’t figure out an efficient way to find them in the ST4 filter-based browser.

Any suggestions? Am I missing something?
lag

Re: ST4 Browser Problem With ST2.5 Instruments

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:24 pm

Switch to the Folder view in the Browser.

NB: It can take some time (over 80 seconds here first time, then over 50 seconds each time).

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby lag » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:20 pm

Hey thx!! Missed that.Took less than the 50 and 80 seconds it took you, but I’ve had similar time problems with that browser. Come on IK…you can do better!
lag

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:58 pm

Well, I do have over 38,000 instruments.

I did report the problem to Support a long time ago
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Trensharo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:12 am

DarkStar wrote:Switch to the Folder view in the Browser.

NB: It can take some time (over 80 seconds here first time, then over 50 seconds each time).

This is probably my #1 complaint. I don't think the tagged browsing is that useful, personally. But having to constant switch to Library and wait for it to "reboot" is really awful, especially in the early stages of brainstorming/sketching something. It completely throttles my creative flow.

An option to default to Library Browsing would help, as long as it doesn't mean the plug-in isn't unresponsive for 30 seconds after loading it. However they did it in SampleTank 3, they should provide an equivalent option (to use as a default) for SampleTank 4...

IMO, IK Multimedia should look at EastWest Opus and copy that UX for SampleTank.

Including the color scheme. Red is such a bad accent color. It's really dominant, and distracting. Application User Interfaces should use - or give the option to use - [more] neutral colors.

I tend to use SampleTank as a last resort, these days, mostly due to the UX. I've actually been buying other sample libraries even though I know it has options, because I have developed a dislike for using it. This "throttling" has a lot to do with that.
Trensharo

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More