No sound on iRig HD2 with OSX. Device detected but no signal

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

No sound on iRig HD2 with OSX. Device detected but no signal

Postby Norski77 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:04 pm

I've gotten my device to work on Android and laughably so on iOS. It does what it's meant to there

I can't seem to get any in/out signal whatsoever though as an interface for OSX. I've gone into the system settings > Sound > Input/Output and it recognizes the device but no signal is detected no matter what cords and instrument cables I use or settings on the device

And yes my guitar volume is rolled on.. :D

I'm perplexed. I asked for this as a birthday gift and haven't been able to really use it since my phone is an Android and app support for that ecosystem is terrible. I'm wanting to record ideas with it in Garageband (which also detects the device yet no signal is picked up) but I'm not sure how to make the devices talk to each other they way they need to.

The blue light shines brightly when I first select it in I/O system settings. Then it fades after a few moments to a dull blue. Strumming the guitar doesn't make it light up either. I just tested it as a phone interface and it works just fine and my laptop USB ports are functional

Is there some weird driver update where I need to virtualize a soundcard? I'm running High Sierra if that helps. iRig HD2

Any help would be appreciated
Norski77

Re: No sound on iRig HD2 with OSX. Device detected but no si

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:39 pm

I don't see an entry that sounds like your issue in the IK FAQ and I'm not sure what would cause your issue so I suggest you open a ticket with IK Support if you have not already done so.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers