Trying to load factory MULTIs - get this error...

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Trying to load factory MULTIs - get this error...

Postby jodenmi » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:13 pm

I am going to have to type it out as I cannot insert an image here.

Part 1 loading issues (also applies to all the other parts)
Failed to load Instrument
'Instruments/Sampletank4/Synths/Regular Instruments/Synth Bass/Prodigy Depend.st4i

Now, I do have all my ST4 data installed to a non-system disk with the correct factory folder hierarchy, and when loading instruments on the main page ST4 sees and loads all of them fine.

However when trying to load these multis, I get these messages.

Any ideas?
jodenmi

Re: Trying to load factory MULTIs - get this error...

Postby jodenmi » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:24 pm

ok, further to above, I have discovered there is no actual folder called Sampletank4/Synths/Regular Instruments

Have I missed something in the downloads? I did not see this anywhere?
jodenmi

Postby garfy » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:16 am

Hello jodenmi.

I can confirm that I have the preset specified at the pathway you noted (Regular Instruments), so I think you may have missed something in the downloads.

Have you checked with your IKPM that everything is installed fully?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby jodenmi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:02 pm

This is not available on IKPM, sounds downloads anyway...nothing there to download. it says it's all installed.

And not available in my sounds downloads either.
jodenmi

Postby garfy » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:08 pm

Curious one then.

I think opening a ticket with Official IK Support is now your best route to fix this. Check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby jodenmi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:21 pm

Yes I just sent a message to support. We'll see what they think :)
jodenmi

Postby Trensharo » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:21 pm

I got same error.

It's cause the files didn't get installed, and in my case the files didn't exist in my downloads. I had to ship an external HDD to a friend and pay to ship it back to get the files from him.

I ordered the USB Thumb drive from IK Multimedia, but it took 9 days to arrive despite me paying for 2 day shipping... and it was a USB 2.0 thumb drive and corrupted upon arrival. It took like 4 days for them to agree to replace it, and I ultimately decided it was faster and less hassle to use the solution I outlined above.

You're going to have to get those files from somewhere. Re-Installing from the downloads in your account may accomplish that; otherwise, ask anotehr user to upload them - assuming they aren't too big.

My installation was missing about 20GB of Piano PAKs.
Trensharo

Postby ChrisHeinen » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:15 pm

I had this exact same problem loading MULTIs too, way back in the SampleTank 2XL days. I never solved the problem though. At that time Tech Support said to try reloading everything, which I did try, but it did not solve the error. Everything else about ST worked except the MULTIs loading part.

I wish there was a way for the system to provide a log of some sort after an error has occurred, so we could get to the bottom of this kind of problem. It is hard to figure out where to start looking without more details. Could have been a missing file, could have been a file or folder name inconsistency, could have been a drive letter inconsistency, could have been an I18N glitch, could have been a corrupt file, who knows.

I like the idea of MULTI's as a quick way to set up a group of instruments, but in lieu of the errors precluding it working consistently, have had to revert to setting up instruments in the DAW and saving the DAW projects as templates. Not ideal.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw/

may know more about the current state of affairs, though.

HTH
ChrisHeinen

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More