Brian May Preset is 5 compared to 4

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Brian May Preset is 5 compared to 4

Postby bhmJEM » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:20 pm

I originally purchased the Brian May pack when running Amplitube 4 and was impressed with the bundled presets overall.

I've recently moving to Amplitube 5 on a new Mac (fresh install) and upgraded to the 5 Max version but having done so noticed that some of these presets sounded odd and not close to the recording or how I recalled them on my old Mac.

Examples of these include I Want It All, One Vision and the Live 1986 and Live 2019 pre-sets.

On investigating to try and work this out I found that the Chorus seems to have also have vibrato enabled in these presets (the right hand foot switch i.e both red lights on). When I turn this off so just the chorus is on (the one red light) it seems to fix the issue.

Perhaps this was an error when moving the presets to version 5?
bhmJEM

Re: Brian May Preset is 5 compared to 4

Postby Pisgot78 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:58 am

Hi i have the same problem...what you resolve it?????? i go crazy....i open a ticket and i wait a reply....
Thankss
Pisgot78

Postby bhmJEM » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:02 am

I just manually turn the setting off each time - hope they patch this in an update.
bhmJEM

Postby Pisgot78 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:05 am

Thanks
I did that, too, but I think that we urgently need an update to resolve... I have version 5.0.3, I tried to disinstall everything but the problem remains... it ‘s really is a nuisance!
Pisgot78

Postby bhmJEM » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:26 pm

In the new Red Special Forum presets that use the Chorus they are set correctly so it is just the IK Multimedia ones.
bhmJEM

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:28 pm

Did you report any issues you have to the IK Support team? They'd be able to assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Pisgot78 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:55 pm

I open a ticket…but not support received…only one solution: save all presets without tremolo …but i think is not the right way…
I ask to my friends…and they have the same issues…tremolo switched on in Boss Ce1 in presets Brian May ( ex: I want it all,fat bottomed girl,the show must go on,etc.)
Pisgot78

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:05 pm

They gave you a way to fix it right now so you can use the few presets that have an issue right away. They would normally log an issue like this to be fixed in an update if it is a universal issue too. Any patch, including presets, would still need to go through development/testing like a normal update which would take some time. So it is great they got you up and running for now, and there should be an update in the future that will alter or replace these presets.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling