Cakewalk not recognizing Amplitube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Cakewalk not recognizing Amplitube 5

Postby Kushtaka1 » Mon May 10, 2021 7:08 am

I have Amplitube 5 and the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab. Cakewalk will not recognize or load Amplitube 5 as a plugin/VST. Amplitube 5 works fine in standalone mode. Please advise. Thank you.
Kushtaka1

Re: Cakewalk not recognizing Amplitube 5

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 10, 2021 11:55 am

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby christopher.moyse » Sun May 16, 2021 2:24 pm

I use Cakewalk with AT5 as a plug-in. Have you ensured that the paths to the AT5 plug is one of the paths configured in Cakewalk? This may be 2 different paths if you elected to install VST and VST3 versions of AT5. Check via - Utilities - Plug-in Manager - VST Configuration - Options.

If that's OK, still on the Options page, select the two Re-scan ... checkboxes and OK to accept. Back in the Plug-in Manager, press Scan VST Plug-ins and let it do its thing. (Occasionally the scan throws up an error message or two - if so, correct whatever is up). When it's completed, check to see Amplitube 5 appears in one or both of Plug-in Categories VST Audio Effects (VST) and VST3 Audio Effects (VST3). If it does, you should be able to load AT5 by using any of the several methods to Insert Audio FX.

If you still cannot see it, the only other possibility I can think of here and now is that you are using a plug-in layout that doesn't contain AT5. If so, the easiest thing to do is to use Plug-in Layouts - Sort By Manufacturer and select IK Multimedia to see what appears.

If you still cannot see AT5, then it sounds like a support request is needed.
christopher.moyse

Postby trevor9french » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:34 pm

I found my Amplitube 5 VST in the Distortion plugins folder
trevor9french

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:20 pm

trevor9french wrote:I found my Amplitube 5 VST in the Distortion plugins folder

I know that this is likely a situation of "closest fit" to how the plugin identifies itself but whether it is the DAW or us or the combination (I believe the latter is the issue as mentioned with a "closest fit") it gives me this face:

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:20 pm

And I did relay that CW identifies AT5 as "Distortion" to our Testing Manager.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby trevor9french » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:23 pm

The main this is just knowing that is is there if you cant find it and that it is worth looking in other folders. That is the very latest update of cakewalk too.
trevor9french

Postby Sydney2021 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:04 pm

I have been struggling with the same (and I couldn't get my expression pedal detected either).

I'm not exactly sure how I did it, but I created an Audio track and went to the FX pull-down, chose 'Input audio FX' and there it was: Amplitube 5 (VST3). Thus NOT from the Instrument browser.

Now before that I have been using the standalone, clicked the 3 lines on the top right amd picked in the Audio/MIDI tab 'ASIO' for Technology (I use ASIO in Cakewalk, have almost 0 latency). I also chose the 'AXE I/O' for input and output devices.

I use AT 5 MAX, but I don't think the version would make any difference.

That's all I remember I did before the "happy encounter."
Hope it helps
Sydney2021

Postby andy.wouters@outlook.be » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:17 pm

trevor9french wrote:I found my Amplitube 5 VST in the Distortion plugins folder
Thanks! There it was!
andy.wouters@outlook.be

Postby Steve-xyz » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:46 pm

I assume you know you can use the Browser View to assign it to another category (now that you found it). For those who don't know, you can also create categories (such as Multi-FX).

If you didn't know where it was assigned, you can search for "Amplitube" in the Browser's search bar.

I always use Sort by Manufacturer, but thanks to your bumping this thread, I just started to use Sort by Category. :-)

You can also have plug-ins assigned to multiple categories.
Steve-xyz

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling