Midi Control of Amplitube as a VST in OBS

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Midi Control of Amplitube as a VST in OBS

Postby meldj1992 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:45 pm

Hi All,

I've recent begun live streaming playing guitar. I've been using IK Multimedia's Amplitube 5 as a VST plugin to get virtual amp sounds for my guitar inside of OBS Studio. I recently purchased a midi foot pedal in order to control some aspects of Amplitube on the fly and allow more versatility in my performance. However, Amplitube does not seem to pick up any midi activity when I run it as a VST inside of OBS. If I run it as a standalone programme, Amplitube recognises and responds to the midi pedal.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can get Amplitube to pick up input from my foot pedal when I run it as a VST inside of obs?

Set up is guitar into Focurite 18i8, usb C to PC, and Focusrite as ASIO source in OBS, apply filter, VST filer, Amplitube 5.

Thanks in advance!
meldj1992

Re: Midi Control of Amplitube as a VST in OBS

Postby datkings » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:30 pm

When you insert amplitube as a plug-in I believe it is the host (i.e Pro Tools, Reaper etc) that receives the midi input from your foot controller and sends it to the plug-in. Unless there is a midi add-on for OBS studio I don't think OBS handles midi input.

You might have better luck continuing to run amplitube as a standalone and then inserting an audio input capture into your OBS scene that captures the output from your audio interface.
datkings

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling