After installing Product Manager, Amplitube3 not working

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

After installing Product Manager, Amplitube3 not working

Postby AudixDude » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:10 pm

Hi Guys.

Extremely long story short, I have been using the same "structure" for my DAW since 2007. Originally Win XP with Sonar 7. This includes plugin locations etc. With each PC upgrade, I "migrated" everything across to the new PC, no problems. I did the same with OS upgrades.

Because of the complexity of my system, inasmuch as it was an "XP system" which has been migrated to new hardware/OS over the years, I have always tried to avoid doing anything that would require a reinstall of anything, especially plugins. For that reason, since 2014, I did not do any major updates to any of the IK products/installers etc.

I did however install the "freebie" versions of Custom Shop, Amplitube 4 etc. Everything has been working fine. I also have Miroslav 1 which I use extensively.

On Sunday 28 Mar I landed up having to install Product Manager, which I had not installed before, and updating Authorization Manager, Custom Shop ... so I could try out the latest versions of custom shop and T-racks.

Using Product Manager, thinking I was only working "online" and would reset my only "Products Page" I pressed "Reset My Products" (I think it was) and ever since then, Amplitube 3 will not work. I also get errors about Miroslav (not installed properly, registry error). Miroslav still works fine in Sonar X3 though, but Amplitube 3 insists that half of the amps/cabs etc. are not installed.

I uninstalled Product manager, T-racks, Authorization manager, Custom Shop and Amplitube4 and installed older versions of Authorization manager and Custom shop to see if that helped, which it did not.

Even uninstalling and reinstalling Amplitube3/4 has not fixed this issue. NO matter what I do, Amplitube3 says half of the stuff is not installed. When I try to re register with Authorization Manager, it tells me it IS authorized. :D

All I can think of is because I have installed/uninstalled so many different versions of the different applications,whatever "links" between those "freebie Custom Shop" products and the paid for version of Amplitube3 have been broken and now the "left hand" does not know what the "right hand" is doing.

Help?
AudixDude

Re: After installing Product Manager, Amplitube3 not working

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:03 pm

Per the Specs page at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/p ... hp?p=specs IK Product Manager is not XP compatible (it is for Windows 7 and above). I would recommend contacting IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support to see if there's something they can help with so you could "revert".
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby AudixDude » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:34 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Per the Specs page at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/p ... hp?p=specs IK Product Manager is not XP compatible (it is for Windows 7 and above). I would recommend contacting IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support to see if there's something they can help with so you could "revert".

Thanks for the reply Peter. I must have been ambiguous in my original post. Whilst the structure on my system is the same I used under XP, I am NOT running XP.

I am running Win 10 (latest version) on a Asus ROG PC (Intel 4770, 16GB RAM etc)

This problem is related to me "resetting products" in product manager on Sunday night, possibly exacerbated by me installing/uninstalling various versions of the IK components to try and fix the problem. I have waited to get a response before reinstalling, but I am going to try installing ALL the latest versions of everything, in the order they were released (which is how I did it in the first place) and see if that fixes the problem.
AudixDude

Postby AudixDude » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:43 pm

I have just noticed something else that could be causing issues. When you uninstall IK products, it does NOT clean out the registry entries. I get that some entries might be wanted to remain to keep track of previous installations and registration/authorization etc. but it appears that what is left behind after uninstalling is literally everything that was in the registry.

There were some other peculiarities as well, like Authorization Manager registry keys still pointing to an old version which had long since been uninstalled and replaced with the newer version.

Whether this is due to changes in the way thgns are done today in the registry as opposed to 10 years ago, I do not know. It could also be because I have had to migrate over to different PC's and operating systems and "carried over" the "old reg entries".

Anyway, as I had to reauthorize Amplitube 3 a couple of years ago, I found that there were TWO separate and different Authorization codes stored in 2 different places in the registry. As Amp2 is the only product not working, this might be the cause.

I have cleared out virtually everything else related to IK other than the Miroslav and Sample Tank 2 registry entries so it will be like installing onto a brand new PC. I will let you know if this works and what I had to do to get things to work eventually
AudixDude

Postby AudixDude » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:39 pm

UPDATE:

Has not worked. Everything installed fresh.

It appears the issue is that the "missing" modules are all of the the Amplitube4 CS "free" amps/cabs/mics/effects/pedals.

They are all there in the standalone version of Amp4CS ...but all missing in the DAW plugin (amplitube 3).

It looks like because AMp4CS (Free) is no longer available on IK, the new "product manager" has removed all of those effects. Not knowing exactly what it does or has done to my registry settings, makes it difficult to know.

So, it looks like this is not going to be solved.

Unless installing Amplitube 5CS replaces all of the missing "modules" so that I can use Amplitube 3 with all of the settings as they are on the 14 songs for the album that was supposed to be finished and released this month, I will be uninstalling ALL of my IK guitar effect products and will use something else that does not break itself because the website decides to "remove" stuff off your PC because it is an older product.

I am NOT a happy camper!!!
AudixDude

Postby DarkStar » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:07 pm

This is primarily as user to user forum and Support do not regularly read all the posts.

As Peter suggested, please contact Technical Support on the link above.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby AudixDude » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:29 pm

DarkStar wrote:This is primarily as user to user forum and Support do not regularly read all the posts.

As Peter suggested, please contact Technical Support on the link above.

Thanks for your reply.

I sorted it out by resorting to restoring my PC to "pre" Product Manager download.

The problem has also been identified which I will be speaking to IK tech support about.
AudixDude

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling