Volume drop in Amplitube 5 when music is played

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Volume drop in Amplitube 5 when music is played

Postby Meoem » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:39 am

Hello everybody,

for a couple of days now, Amplitube 5 (standalone version) is acting up. When I open it, everything is fine, the volume is really, really high and the sound is amazing (I am using AXE I/O as my audiointerface for AT5).
BUT, the minute I open another app on my Mac (Catalina 10.15.7) to play music, the Volume in AT5 drops to a really low level and suddenly even clean guitar sounds become distorted. Both the AXE I/O and the headphones output (from my FiiO) are connected to a small mixing console so I can play music and play along with on my guitar through amplitube.The problem also occurs when I directly connect the headphones-out to my mixer. It is almost as if Amplitube switches the output device when another app is opened parallel to AT5 (the AXE I/O control panel still tells me that AXE I/O is used as interface but the sound quality is very, very different).
I have been using this setup with AT3, AT4 and now AT5 and it has always worked like a charm.
I would greatly appreciate help on this topic. Any clues what might be the cause for this and how to fix it. Playing along to my favorite tracks (and slowing down difficult parts) is my main way of practising so I am quite desperate.
Thanks so much, Oliver
Meoem

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling