AT5 - Slash Free Presets 2021

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT5 - Slash Free Presets 2021

Postby nmfmcosta » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:37 pm

Hi,

I downloaded the free slash presets according to the following instructions:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=S ... resets2021

But when I open AT5, I only see 2 presets. What am I doing wrong?

Funny thing is that last year I actually bought the "AmpliTube Slash" pack.

nmfmcosta

Re: AT5 - Slash Free Presets 2021

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:04 pm

Looks like you have the Gear Selector set to show presets and gear that you own. The Gear Selector will allow you to toggle between gear and presets with gear you own, everything, and what you don't own. You can find more information about this filter/selector in the AmpliTube 5 user manual and in other threads. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nmfmcosta » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:48 pm

haha thanks, I figured out :lol:

I do have one more question, might be a bit stupid but...

What's the purpose of having free presets if they use gear that is not free?

Wouldn't be better to have free presets with free gear so that anyone can use them?
nmfmcosta

Postby armstrongsfamily » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:58 pm

nmfmcosta wrote:haha thanks, I figured out :lol:

Wouldn't be better to have free presets with free gear so that anyone can use them?

I would assume to hook you into purchasing the artists package. I have Line 6 PODxt Live, BOSS GT 1000, iRig Stomp I/O and seems like all the companies do this. But I find it so worth it to get the packages. Just a suggestion follow them and wait for them to go on sale and you will find some killer deals.

Shane
armstrongsfamily

Postby nmfmcosta » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:03 pm

armstrongsfamily wrote:
nmfmcosta wrote:haha thanks, I figured out :lol:

I would assume to hook you into purchasing the artists package. I have Line 6 PODxt Live, BOSS GT 1000, iRig Stomp I/O and seems like all the companies do this. But I find it so worth it to get the packages. Just a suggestion follow them and wait for them to go on sale and you will find some killer deals.

Shane

True, I did get the Slash pack last year and I got a bunch of presets with it too (and all work).

I was surprised though that there are Slash 2021 presets but they don't actually use the same gear as the Slash pack.
nmfmcosta

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:42 pm

Or to reward all users, not just those using the free versions, with presets by some great artists... AmpliTube 5 users deserve some nice free gifts too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling