Amplitube version questions....

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube version questions....

Postby Shai`tan » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:30 am

Hey there. I was using Amplitube 4 with the Mesa Boogie preset pack, and Metal addon packs. I as well now have Amplitube 5 MAX. Since I now have Amplitube 5 MAX, can I uninstall Amplitube 4? And if so, do I reinstall the Mesa Boogie and Metal addons.... or does Amplitube 5 MAX have those already built in?

Thx for any input.

I am asking about the Mesa Boogie and Metal packs because I don`t see them in my IK Manager app. When i use them in Amplitube 5 MAX, I go into Legacy, Collections, then etc etc etc.
Shai`tan

Re: Amplitube version questions....

Postby DarkStar » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:28 pm

If you have any DAW projects that use AT4 then you need to keep it installed (it does not use up much space). AT5 does not replace AT4 in your DAW projects or on disk.

In the new (v2) Custom Shop you can "Restore my Purchases" to make available all the available gear in AT5. If you are missing any gear, then unauthorizing and re-authorizing AT5
has helped other users. Otherwise please contact Technical Support for investigation and help.
-----------------
PS: it would be best to change your Account Name away from an email address, to minimise the chance of it being harvested by web bots and you receiving all sorts of 'special offers', bank account verification requests, Internet Disconnection notifications, Amazon Prime renewals, Ray-Ban sunglasses, tax refunds etc from all over the place for years and years. You can change it here.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Amplitube version questions....

Postby Shai`tan » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:10 pm

Thx. No I don`t have any projects that require Amplitube 4 to be installed. So I`m just going to delete it. Thx again.
Shai`tan

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling