Fender BM 59 bright channel

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Fender BM 59 bright channel

Postby texan7262 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:18 am

Hi, hope somebody can help with a quick answer, probably I'm just doing something wrong: I'm presently trying Fender Bassman 59 on a Mac with AT5 CS. Sounds good (although I can't use VIR) ! But:
How do I get the cable that is in the normal channel into the other bright input. Tried moving it with the mouse, no success. Thx!
texan7262

Re: Fender BM 59 bright channel

Postby BrianCadoret » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:57 pm

The 59 Fender Bassman LTD probably means it's limited LTD to one channel.
BrianCadoret

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:09 pm

That's the actual name of the amp that's modeled: https://shop.fender.com/en-US/guitar-am ... 00010.html

Per the AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop Gear Models manual the bright channel is what is modeled.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BrianCadoret » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:14 pm

Thanks for clarifying that Peter glad it's not limited. :)
BrianCadoret

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:15 pm

BrianCadoret wrote:Thanks for clarifying that Peter glad it's not limited. :)

It's still an odd choice for a name of an amp that retailed for $1,700 :D
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby texan7262 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:27 pm

Even more confused now. If the bright channel is what has been modelled, why is the cable in the input labelled "normal".
And to return to my original problem: How do I get it out of there and into the empty input to the right. Which I assume, must be the desired bright channel?
Thanks
texan7262

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:33 pm

The bright channel is the only channel modeled. Those inputs are labeled "1" and "2". You don't need to move the input to get the bright channel.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby texan7262 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:20 pm

I see, Peter. 1 (with the cable) seems to be clearly labelled as normal, though? And so 2 is there just to make the graphics more realistic. As Propellerhead Reason-user, I just can't help trying to move cables. ;) Fortunately, I've always prefered the bright channel anyway.

Sounds fantastic, great job by IK. Just another question popped up, if permitted: Is there some kind of permanent noise gate active in AT5 SE? If so, is there a way to turn it off like in AT4?
Cheers.
texan7262

Postby texan7262 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:32 pm

To clarify: Sometimes I have to pluck strings harder, so I can hear them coming from the speaker. The momemt I get off the finger from the fretboard, sustain is interrupted. My Brainworx bassdude behaves the same way when I overdo it a little with the noise gate.
texan7262

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:37 pm

Hi, there is no built-in noise gate. Not sure why you are experiencing what you are, as we removed the built-in gate so that you can choose your own in the chain. Might want to report that to IK Support as it seems odd and different than what I experience. You could also check that your buffer setting isn't too low and might cause something like that, perhaps? I recall hearing something about a similar behavior in other software when set to an insanely low buffer.

Also, I have reported the "NORMAL" label as being confusing and counter to what was modeled.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby texan7262 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:06 pm

Thank you again for the help and clarification, Peter. Appreciate it!

I will experiment a little with the buffer. Only other possible culprit I could think of: I'm using a Irig (Gen1) on the Mac. Im aware there are better solutions, like buying a firewire cable, so I can make use of my Interface.
texan7262

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:10 pm

Ohhhh yeah that iRig 1 is going to be a bit of a noisy beast.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby texan7262 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:29 pm

Indeed, it will have to go back straight to my phone asap. Shouldn't be responsible for the declared issue, right. I at least mean to notice a very small latency, but just learned that MACs don't even require ASIO.
texan7262

Postby texan7262 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:17 pm

Peter_IK wrote: You could also check that your buffer setting isn't too low and might cause something like that, perhaps? I recall hearing something about a similar behavior in other software when set to an insanely low buffer.

Hi again. Actually, lowering the buffer-settings to 128, even 64 seems to have done the trick. Also increased the input + output volume and raised the pick-ups a little. Still does not feel as touch-sensitive as with my real amp (that always has the vol on max), but perhaps I should have mentioned as well that I prefer unusually high string-action and habitually hardly ever turn up the volume pn my strat higher than 5-7.

So user's fault, no need to bother the tech support and problem resolved. :-)
texan7262

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling