Preset Disambiguation

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Preset Disambiguation

Postby Shadesh1ft » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:40 pm

I'm using Amplitube 5 Max. Is there a cheat sheet or disambiguation list of what the presets stand for, showing the artist/song, etc. for each? Some are obvious, others are not. If not, can one be provided here or via pm? It would be a great help in exploring the various presets.
Schecter Solo II Custom | Yamaha TRBX605FM | Amplitube 5 Max | AXE I/O | iRig Stomp I/O
Shadesh1ft

Re: Preset Disambiguation

Postby Billy86 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:36 am

Shadesh1ft wrote:I'm using Amplitube 5 Max. Is there a cheat sheet or disambiguation list of what the presets stand for, showing the artist/song, etc. for each? Some are obvious, others are not. If not, can one be provided here or via pm? It would be a great help in exploring the various presets.

I’d really appreciate this as well.
AT5, Fender Collection 1, SVT Collection 1&2, Hendrix Collection, Brian May Collection, Slash Collection
Billy86

Postby rspst14 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:33 pm

My guess is that IK doesn't have permission to use an artist's name or song name on these presets, which is why the naming conventions are done the way they are.
rspst14

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:39 pm

But there is sometimes metadata you can see via the Preset Browser that might give you more information/clues.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Pvento » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:17 am

I would also like to see this and I understand that IK may not have the rights

But has any user "decoded" this?

Some are easier like:
Appetite = GNR - Welcome to the Jungle

But what is "Driving in Arizona"

Is this list something we could all come up with?
Pvento

Postby rspst14 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:36 pm

I haven't tried the preset and don't have it loaded in front of me at the moment to see what type of gear it uses. The only thing that comes to mind for "Driving in Arizona" would be the Steve Miller Band. Perhaps a play on words for "I went from Phoenix, Arizona all the way to Tacoma."
rspst14

Postby Shadesh1ft » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:24 am

Seems as if we’re left guessing, unfortunately.
Schecter Solo II Custom | Yamaha TRBX605FM | Amplitube 5 Max | AXE I/O | iRig Stomp I/O
Shadesh1ft

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:48 pm

Shadesh1ft wrote:Seems as if we’re left guessing, unfortunately.

Unless there is metadata in the presets you are looking at as I mentioned above. And many presets aren't going to be aimed at a very specific artist or gear tone. Some presets are meant to be exactly as they are named, described, and whatever is in the mentioned metadata.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Shadesh1ft » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:04 am

Peter_IK wrote:
Shadesh1ft wrote:Seems as if we’re left guessing, unfortunately.

Unless there is metadata in the presets you are looking at as I mentioned above. And many presets aren't going to be aimed at a very specific artist or gear tone. Some presets are meant to be exactly as they are named, described, and whatever is in the mentioned metadata.

Is the metadata you're referring to located in Preset Menu > Edit > Tags?
Shadesh1ft

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling