AT 5 very slow in Windows as a standalone app

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT 5 very slow in Windows as a standalone app

Postby Sacapuntas61 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:22 am

Hi Amplitubers,

the software is really great but I have an issue with the standalone version on Win 10 (SSD/32GB RAM/P I7). First of all it takre quite a time to load... Once loaded and I click on the looper it takes at least 15 seconds until it shows up. Not usable. On my MacBook (10 y old with SSD and 12 GB RAM) it runs smoothly.

Any idea what is wrong with the Windows version? It is really a pity as I wanted to use the looper quite a bit.

BTW: have a Kemper and Fractal AX8 -- AT 5 sounds at least as good if not better.

Thanks Sacapuntas
Sacapuntas61

Re: AT 5 very slow in Windows as a standalone app

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:32 am

Strange, on my Windows 10 i7 with half that RAM, it loads up fairly spryly and the Looper is nearly instantly available when I click the button. Have you reported your issue to IK Support for official/direct assistance? They would be able to take a closer look at what might be happening for you. Sorry to hear you are having issues.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby WRod » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:31 pm

Sacapuntas61 wrote:Hi Amplitubers,

the software is really great but I have an issue with the standalone version on Win 10 (SSD/32GB RAM/P I7). First of all it takre quite a time to load... Once loaded and I click on the looper it takes at least 15 seconds until it shows up. Not usable. On my MacBook (10 y old with SSD and 12 GB RAM) it runs smoothly.

Any idea what is wrong with the Windows version? It is really a pity as I wanted to use the looper quite a bit.

BTW: have a Kemper and Fractal AX8 -- AT 5 sounds at least as good if not better.

Thanks Sacapuntas

I have a system that is that is similar to yours or just a tiny bit faster, with M.2 nmve drives and it takes Amplitube 5.02 - 4-5 seconds to open and the looper 1 second.

I was also having a similar result as you at first, when i installed A5. I traced that to an older drive that was conflicting....so the first thing i would try is disconnecting any and all drives other than the SSD, A5 is installed on.

Id bet is the problem is your computer and not the software. Guessing you put the system together yourself or had the help of someone close to you. Im sure its a simple conflict somewhere that youll end up resolving.
Amplitube 5 Max/Windows 10
WRod

Postby Sacapuntas61 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:07 pm

thank you both for your reply. You inspired me to have a deeper look into my PC. Did first an optimization with Ashampoo what was not helpful. Then I looked in the hardware manager. i found a problem with the PCI to USB controller and fixed it by removing the device to provoke a fresh installation after reboot. This fixed to issue. Works now perfectly.

Thanks again and rock on
Sacapuntas61

Postby livesforrap » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:12 am

The standalone takes longer here than the plug in inside studio one.

Both are slow.

Edit, windows 10, i7, 16 GB ram. I should put that in a signature I guess.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby WRod » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:50 am

Sacapuntas61 wrote:thank you both for your reply. You inspired me to have a deeper look into my PC. Did first an optimization with Ashampoo what was not helpful. Then I looked in the hardware manager. i found a problem with the PCI to USB controller and fixed it by removing the device to provoke a fresh installation after reboot. This fixed to issue. Works now perfectly.

Thanks again and rock on

Great news.
WRod

Postby WRod » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:30 pm

livesforrap wrote:The standalone takes longer here than the plug in inside studio one.

Both are slow.

Edit, windows 10, i7, 16 GB ram. I should put that in a signature I guess.

When you say slow, try and time it with the stop watch on your Iphone. Slow is subjective. 14 seconds is not.

I would think you should be around 5 seconds, just a random guess with no real meaning behind it....at least i would find that acceptable by my standards. Thats with the standalone. Its harder to gauge as a plugin since there are more variables.

Maybe its trying to figure out how to get past the RAP :)
WRod

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling