the 50 year old can't see squat

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

the 50 year old can't see squat

Postby dkeats16 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:37 am

Guys - even with resizing the GUI and putting on the reading glasses, the font size for presets is like microscopic. For all of you in your 20s-30s, trust me, you'll understand eventually. I'm having a helluva time reading the preset list. Anyone know of a tweak in a preferences file or whatnot (I'm on MacOS) which would allow me to increase the font size to something other than 8 point Helvetica. And darkish-grey-on-black Helvetica, to boot?

Add a couple of 50+ dudes to your beta group. We see (or don't see, more accurately) things differently.

Oh yeah, and get off my lawn!

</soapbox>

Dave
dkeats16

Re: the 50 year old can't see squat

Postby JuanMLz » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:18 am

LOL, I'm in the same age group as you and find myself, more often than I'd like to admit, doing that chin-up gesture to look through the lower edge of the progressive lenses... So yeah, I'll have to agree on that one.
JuanMLz

Re: the 50 year old can't see squat

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:04 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem. For what it is worth this occurs in other IKM products too.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. When you get the auto-acknowledgement email. send some screenshots too.

Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling