Amplitube Brian May ?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube Brian May ?

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:55 pm

The Amplitube Brian May is very impressive in replicating his sound. However as I am writting original material I do not want to sound like any particular artist.
My question is has anyone created an original tone using the BM amps and fx ? Or is it just set so close to the BM sound that that wouldn't be obtainable.

I do like and use the Vox AC30 sound. My style of writting is Classic 70's Prog Rock, Yes, ELP, Floyd, Rush...

Thanks...
Musical.Alchemy

Re: Amplitube Brian May ?

Postby livesforrap » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:02 pm

I'd just demo it using the custom shop for a couple of days. I don't play or sound anything like Joe Satriani but I like a couple of the amps from his collection, for example.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:23 pm

livesforrap wrote:I'd just demo it using the custom shop for a couple of days. I don't play or sound anything like Joe Satriani but I like a couple of the amps from his collection, for example.

Thanks livesforrap. Yes, good idea. I forgot IK allows us to demo their apps.
Musical.Alchemy

Postby twilson74 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:54 am

Well, I demo'd the Brian May a while back-- I like Queen a lot, but didn't think I'd use his tones for much. I have to say I personally found the Brian May to be the best of the artist packs.

After I went through his presets and played a bunch of Queen riffs, I just started messing around with the harmonizer settings across the three amps. Freaking amazing.

I was able to do those little Bill and Ted "Whoa, excellent!" air guitar riffs finally. Haha. Also found myself coming up with a bunch of leads that sounded like The Darkness, which was great.

I think any player would be able to be inspired to create awesome music with the Brian May pack.
twilson74

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling