Overwriting presets in Amp 5 [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Overwriting presets in Amp 5 [Resolved]

Postby jonesler » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:50 am

I have a folder of my personal presets that's leftover from Amp 4. They behave a bit differently in Amp 5 so I want to edit them to work in Amp 5. My problem is that sometimes when I save the preset it asks if I want to overwrite the preset, and that's what I want to do. But at other times it just creates a new preset with same identical name so I have two presets with that name, the old one and the edited one. How do I force it to overwrite the old one?
jonesler

Re: Overwriting presets in Amp 5

Postby alienpops » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:28 pm

I ran into this issue as well. I started a thread here to discuss the issue. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26318

Basically, it has to do with the file name. If you rename all of your AT4 presets with the new AT5 extension then it will ask you to overwrite them rather than saving a duplicate. I created a copy of my own AT4 presets within the AT5 presets folder and renamed them there (That way I still have all my presets in AT4).
alienpops

Re: Overwriting presets in Amp 5

Postby jonesler » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:38 pm

Thanks man!
jonesler

Re: Overwriting presets in Amp 5 [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:50 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling