videocall ig live

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

videocall ig live

Postby Alessandrobuck » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:13 am

Hello,
I use Irig stream with instagram live and everything is ok but i have problems when a call a guest during the live ...have you any suggestion?
Alessandrobuck

Re: videocall ig live

Postby MoogMensch » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:51 am

I had a problem under these exact same conditions. I verified that on my iPhone I could record a video with the audio coming from my iRig Pro Duo, but I joined as a guest on an Instagram Live (hey, search engine - IG Live) broadcast and to my horror the only audio that made it onto the stream was the iPhone's mic - no backing track, and the guitar amp was miced up out in the garage because of how loud it was going to be. I couldn't find any controls in Instagram that would select audio inputs or anything like that. IK, can you get back to us on this? IG Live was one reason why I bought an iRig in the first place.
MoogMensch

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:50 pm

iRig Stream and our other interfaces will work properly with any app that accepts digital audio interface input. For those trying to mix multiple inputs and apps' outputs into your IG live etc you're going to need to use some other tools most likely. I would suggest reporting any issues to IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support with very specific details about what you are trying to do and they can guide you specifically and figure out anything that might also be a problem with settings etc if that's the case.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MoogMensch » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:24 pm

Thanks, Peter.

I'll try looking into this further. It may be the case that IG Live works fine with the iRig Pro Duo when you initiate an IG Live broadcast but doesn't when you become a guest in someone else's broadcast (the use case I'm having trouble with). I also see elsewhere on the site a mention of the iRig Recorder 3 LE app which supposedly contains a setting for selecting among audio inputs.

BTW I've been sending audio to the iRig from a Steinberg UR22 audio interface and I was mixing together MacBook audio playback and guitar amp mics within the UR22; that worked great. I really appreciate how you guys did the indicator lights on the IRig Pro Duo to make it easy to tell if you've got audio input and that it's not overloading.
MoogMensch

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:11 pm

In that case, it sounds like this workaround will work for you: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=irr3live
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:15 pm

And thank you for the kind words about the LEDs. I love our portable interfaces that have that implementation (as well as the AXE I/O line's metering).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories