Amplitube 5 as plugin in DAW won't keep sound/preset changes

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 as plugin in DAW won't keep sound/preset changes

Postby Max1307 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:54 pm

When using AT5 as a VST plugin in the Cakewalk DAW, whenever I toggle an effect or change presets or anything while recording the change isn't saved, I only hear it in the moment. For example, if I toggle delay for one part and then turn it off then the recorded track will sound as If it never had delay, or if i turn it on then the contrary, the whole track has delay.

How can I fix this problem so that I don't have to create new tracks for every single change in sound? Also another thing, the automation won't work
Max1307

Re: Amplitube 5 as plugin in DAW won't keep sound/preset cha

Postby 6stringer » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:42 am

Your DAW is recording a direct (no effects/ampltibue) track, and then running that dry audio through the plugin. The effected sound you hear will be whatever the plugin is currently set to. So, if you record with the delay on, and then turn the delay off, the delay wasn't recorded. And now that it is off, you won't hear the delay.

In Cakewalk you can freeze a track, which you do after you've recorded it. This will run the audio through the current settings of the plugin and record that. It then disables the plugin and uses this recorded-through-the-plugin audio when playing back the track.

If you're recording with delay turned on, why are you turning it off after you've recorded the audio?
6stringer

Re: Amplitube 5 as plugin in DAW won't keep sound/preset cha

Postby Billy86 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:57 pm

Max1307 wrote:When using AT5 as a VST plugin in the Cakewalk DAW, whenever I toggle an effect or change presets or anything while recording the change isn't saved, I only hear it in the moment. For example, if I toggle delay for one part and then turn it off then the recorded track will sound as If it never had delay, or if i turn it on then the contrary, the whole track has delay.

How can I fix this problem so that I don't have to create new tracks for every single change in sound? Also another thing, the automation won't work

Cakewalk user here. As mentioned, when recording thru a plug, FX aren’t recorded. What I do is track the guitar thru something close to what I like then try out different settings once the track is recorded, running audio thru AT. If you want to switch FX during the song on the track, use automation to apply those changes. For example, right-click a stomp delay time, assign to parameter 1 then create an envelope in CW to control that parameter’s setting.
AT5, Fender Collection 1, SVT Collection 1&2, Hendrix Collection, Brian May Collection, Slash Collection
Billy86

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling