Congratulations and thanks IK, AT5 is awesome!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Congratulations and thanks IK, AT5 is awesome!

Postby chris.dent » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:46 am

Hi, just wanted to say thanks for AT5. I already have all the gear I need (actually more than I will ever need!) so just installed the custom shop version for now. (Of course, having all the gear I need doesn't stop me from wanting the bits I don't yet have...)

I thought the sound of AT4 was as good as any amp simulator could be but AT5 is a vast improvement! Congratulations.

In the past I would open an amp or preset and tweak it until I got a sound that inspired and would maybe add some post AT plug-ins to add some transients and focus. With 5 the amps all sound great before I touch anything. Very 'real'. I am VERY impressed.

I set up Logic with AT5 and AT4 on different tracks and tested by loading the same various setups into each. There is a huge improvement with every nuance in 5.

If and when I buy AT5 max it will probably be as part of the package with the axe I/O. I am currently using the iRig Pro duo and that seems to be quite adequate. Maybe Z-Tone makes the upgrade desirable? It would be nice to hear a comparison between the axe and the iRig...

Thanks again. I really appreciate getting this huge upgrade in quality without necessarily having to buy anything! (But yes, of course I want to buy max. Hmm, birthday coming up soon.. ha ha)

Chris
chris.dent

Re: Congratulations and thanks IK, AT5 is awesome!

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:07 pm

That's good to hear. :) Especially the results of the side-by-side comparisons.

I see on the forum that other users are running into issues using AT5 in Logic. If you have the time, maybe you can help them out?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby chris.dent » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:53 am

Hello Dark Star, I don't know if I could help anyone with Logic issues. I don't know much about what goes on behind the screen. For me, I just installed AT5CS and everything ran perfectly. I did a search here for 'AT5 Logic' and the search returned nil results.

I usually don't install the latest mac OS until I'm certain that all issues have been sorted. I am still running Mojave and will continue to do so until it becomes essential to upgrade.

The only 'issue' I had was that when several pedals are loaded the master output disappears off the right of the screen. I looked in the manual and it says to use the mouse wheel to move the screen. My mouse doesn't have a wheel! Fortunately I have a wacom tablet and that has a slider control which does the same job. The mouse that comes with macs doesn't have a wheel so I don't know how other users would go with that...
chris.dent

Postby livesforrap » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:18 pm

chris.dent wrote:I usually don't install the latest mac OS until I'm certain that all issues have been sorted.

This is very important with Mac, when I was a Mac guy the new OS's would frequently break stuff. And it seems it take some serious time to get the plugs/hosts to catch up (and then of course they come out with something new and here we go again :lol: )
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:26 pm

Magic Mouse should have the ability to use two-finger scroll, but it might not be enabled by default.

Also, 5.0.2 should be bringing us scrollbars so that will help too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chris.dent » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:33 am

Ah, OK, thanks. I've always used a Wacom tablet instead of a mouse and never even realised that my mouse was 'magic'!
chris.dent

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:34 am

chris.dent wrote:Ah, OK, thanks. I've always used a Wacom tablet instead of a mouse and never even realised that my mouse was 'magic'!

Ah sorry, typically Macs will have the Magic Mouse or the Magic Trackpad. Pretty genius (pun intended) Apple marketing naming strategy :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling