DI Track???? [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

DI Track???? [Resolved]

Postby Oaransan » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:18 am

Hi, I would like to ask this question in case anyone can help me. I have Amplitube 5 and I don't know what the DI track is or what it is for, which appears in blue and to which two effects can be added. Does anyone know what it is for exactly?
Oaransan

Re: DI Track????

Postby garfy » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:51 am

Hello Oaransan

The DI path/channel is a 'Direct Inject' of your instrument input into the signal chains, bypassing any amp/cab modelling.

I tend to use it mostly on bass, dialling in some of the DI sound for clarity and attack which is a studio and live sound trick as old as the hills.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Oaransan » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:59 am

Thank you very much for the answer. I understand then that it is a trick to mix the main track with this DI to which you can add some effect to make some sound with the clean signal without hardly processing. In the case of guitsrra would there be any concrete practical example? Many thanks.
Oaransan

Postby garfy » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:13 am

Oaransan wrote:In the case of guitsrra would there be any concrete practical example?

I guess it's there to be experimented with, but adding some of a clean DI guitar back in with a distorted cab sound could also add some clarity and attack. Years ago I recorded a blues guitarist with mics on his cab in an iso both and then a mic close up to his electric guitar in the control room just to pick up the ambient string noise. You could use the DI feed with an EQ and an ambient/early reflection reverb on it to approximate that. It made it sound like you were in the room with the guitarist playing sat right next to you.

Alternatively, depending on the style of music, a distorted/driven cab sound mixed with the DI with a delay stomp on it so you just get clean echoes might sound pretty interesting. Hours of endless fun. :D
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Oaransan » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:34 am

Many thanks. Now I have fully resolved my question. I think I have a long way to go to experience it, but at least I already know what it is for. A million thanks.
Oaransan

Re: DI Track???? [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:01 pm

Good oh :)

-----------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling