Business Model for Amplitube [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Business Model for Amplitube [Resolved]

Postby kemccarthy1 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:33 pm

Hey all,
I've been using Amplitube 4 for a couple of years now basically just to reamp guitars in Cubase. I never spent much time learning it, just enough to browse for gear to select. I purchased A5 during the sale in December but just now have the chance to get into it and learn it much better than I ever did with A4 starting with Eli Krantzberg's Groove3 tutorial.

I opened up A5 and it seems I cannot load any amps, that I'm being directed to the Custom Shop to purchase gear with either credits or cash. Now I'm completely confused.

Can anyone point me to a resource that lays out in plain English how this business model works? Is purchasing a license to Amplitube 5 simply a means to run gear that in turn has to be purchased a la carte? Apologies for the complete newbie question here but just looking for where to go to get up to speed on all of this. If it's just as simple as reading a manual, no problem but again this is not asking to learn how to operate the software but just getting up to speed on how it is meant to be set up.

TIA.
kemccarthy1

Re: Business Model for Amplitube

Postby kemccarthy1 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:59 pm

OK starting to get the idea now.
I ran Restore My Purchases in the Custom Shop and can access some gear, I'd missed that before.
But still if anyone can steer me to where I can get up to speed on how IK handles access to gear, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
kemccarthy1

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:12 pm

The information about how AmpliTube 4 gear is handled in AmpliTube 5 should be available on the AmpliTube 5 web page. This page has comparisons and lists of gear. It also states that with AmplITube 5 SE/5/MAX your current gear is upgraded to work in AmpliTube 5 with all the proper new features. If this isn't the case after installing and authorizing (and it seems you did Restore My Purchases - it changed from Restore My Gear with the new Custom Shop) I'm sure IK Support can look directly at your account and your issue and get it resolved.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kemccarthy1 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:13 pm

Thanks!!

Peter_IK wrote:The information about how AmpliTube 4 gear is handled in AmpliTube 5 should be available on the AmpliTube 5 web page. This page has comparisons and lists of gear. It also states that with AmplITube 5 SE/5/MAX your current gear is upgraded to work in AmpliTube 5 with all the proper new features. If this isn't the case after installing and authorizing (and it seems you did Restore My Purchases - it changed from Restore My Gear with the new Custom Shop) I'm sure IK Support can look directly at your account and your issue and get it resolved.
kemccarthy1

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:15 pm

No problem. Of course we can answer questions etc if that is confusing at all as it can be a mountain of information depending on what you have, etc etc, as it might be impossible to cover every scenario in detail yet still be easy to read and process :D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby garfy » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:19 pm

Hello kemccarthy1 and welcome to the forum.

kemccarthy1 wrote:I ran Restore My Purchases in the Custom Shop and can access some gear

Yep, this is the key to get all your gear (AT5 plus anything you owned previously) showing in the GUI.

One of the best new features in AT5 is the button that lets you view different 'states' of gear. In the top right hand corner (next to the 'Search Gear' field) is an icon that looks like a combo amp and it cycles around 3 states. 1) Tick = just the gear you own 2) Cross = just the gear you don't own but can then Trial from the Custom Shop and 3) Tick & Cross = both 1 and 2 together.

If you select the Tick this also means that only the presets that you own all the gear for is shown in the presets dropdown or browser.

Hope that all makes sense and is some help.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby kemccarthy1 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:20 pm

Yes very much so, thanks!!
kemccarthy1

Re: Business Model for Amplitube [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:09 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling