Confused re upgrades AT4 Max to AT5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Confused re upgrades AT4 Max to AT5

Postby davidwyatt » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:07 pm

Confused

If I upgrade from AT4 Max to AT5 what gear do I lose use of in AT5?

Why no AT4 Max to AT5 Max upgrade option?

David
davidwyatt

Re: Confused re upgrades AT4 Max to AT5

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:38 am

You don't lose gear. Your AT4 gear is upgraded to work in AmpliTube 5 SE, 5, or 5 MAX.

There is crossgrade/upgrade pricing to AmpliTube 5 MAX available. However, you would want to review the AmpliTube 5 web page to see what is in each version to make sure you don't already have the collections included in AmpliTube 5 MAX (there are quite a few, over $600 worth, but you may have picked those up when they were released and like your other gear they will work in AmpliTube 5).

If you already have the gear you need, you'd want to upgrade to AmpliTube 5 which includes the new gear made specifically for AmpliTube 5. If you don't have the collections that have come out since AmpliTube 4 MAX, you'd want to go with the upgrade/crossgrade pricing for AmpliTube 5 MAX. The gear included in each version is listed at the links above.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby davidwyatt » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:32 am

So no easy way to check, as no at4 max compare lists.
This lack of clarity slows / stops any prospective purchase.
I need a quick way to assess value.

David
davidwyatt

Postby garfy » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:33 am

Hello David

The difference between AT4MAX and AT5MAX is:

The new app and new gear detailed here

Plus the 7 gear packs that have been released since AT4MAX, which are Satriani, Brian May, Dimebag Darrell, Fender 2, Fulltone, SVX2 and Leslie, as Peter_IK says worth over $600.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby davidwyatt » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:40 am

Thanks Yes that helps.
David
davidwyatt

Postby Billy86 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:59 pm

garfy wrote:Hello David

The difference between AT4MAX and AT5MAX is:

The new app and new gear detailed here

Plus the 7 gear packs that have been released since AT4MAX, which are Satriani, Brian May, Dimebag Darrell, Fender 2, Fulltone, SVX2 and Leslie, as Peter_IK says worth over $600.

Hope that helps.

Trying to transition from AT4 to AT5. Just bought/installed AT5 (the version just below max).

Collections previously bought for AT4: Brian May, Fender 1, Hendrix Anniversary, Slash, SVX 1 and 2. I’m getting pop ups when trying to load some presets saying I don’t own certain pieces of necessary gear to use the presets, even though the Collections are registered in my account products and appear with green check marks when I launch Custom Shop.

You mention “ 7 gear packs that have been released since AT4MAX, which are Satriani, Brian May, Dimebag Darrell, Fender 2, Fulltone, SVX2 and Leslie.” Does this mean any previous collections that aren’t among those will not work with the upgrade I just bought? Please say it ain’t so...
AT5, Fender Collection 1, SVT Collection 1&2, Hendrix Collection, Brian May Collection, Slash Collection
Billy86

Postby DarkStar » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:06 pm

"It ain't so" :)

Have a look at the first item here:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26228
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Billy86 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:55 pm

DarkStar wrote:"It ain't so" :)

Have a look at the first item here:
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26228

Thanks for this. Just went through all the steps and still no joy. None of the collections I've purchased show up in AT5. In fact, I can't even load a basic preset that comes with AT5 (I bought the version just below MAX) b/c it says I don't own the gear needed for the preset. Huh?

AT4 still working fine. Have opened a support ticket...
AT5, Fender Collection 1, SVT Collection 1&2, Hendrix Collection, Brian May Collection, Slash Collection
Billy86

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling