Brian May Collection -- setting separate delay times

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Brian May Collection -- setting separate delay times

Postby Billy86 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:24 am

I'm trying to set the L "wet" amp to one delay time and the R "wet" amp to another delay time, which is pretty standard stuff. However, they seem linked, and whatever I set in one amp overrides whatever I set in the other. I can't, for example, set one to 800ms and the other to 1600ms. Is this correct? Are they linked? Can I unlink them?

Thanks! Love the tones in this collection!
AT5, Fender Collection 1, SVT Collection 1&2, Hendrix Collection, Brian May Collection, Slash Collection
Billy86

Re: Brian May Collection -- setting separate delay times

Postby Billy86 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:19 am

Hello? Anybody?
AT5, Fender Collection 1, SVT Collection 1&2, Hendrix Collection, Brian May Collection, Slash Collection
Billy86

Postby garfy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:17 am

Hello Billy86

Is there a particular preset you're trying this with? I've just gone into "Brighton Rock - Live Killers" and the 2 delay stomps on the 2 and 3 signal chains are independent of each other and can be set to different delay times.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Billy86 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:06 pm

Ahh... stomps, you say? I was trying to set separate delay times on the actual Left and Right Amp GUIs, not the stomps. I'll give that a shot! :)
Billy86

Postby garfy » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:26 pm

Yep. In the preset I suggested, there are delay stomps after the 3-way split but before amps 2 and 3. They can be set to different delay times.
garfy

Postby Billy86 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:32 pm

garfy wrote:Yep. In the preset I suggested, there are delay stomps after the 3-way split but before amps 2 and 3. They can be set to different delay times.

Hmmm. I don't see any delay stomps in Brighton Rock - Live. I see Star Gate, Red Special, Treble Booster and FOX Phaser. Did you insert a separate stomp delay that's not a part of the BM Collection?

I'm using Who Wants to Live Forever preset, and there are no delays either. Same stomps as Brighton Rock, except the phaser is replaced with the Wah. The only delays are on the L and R amps themselves. And their delay time values can't be set separately.
Billy86

Postby garfy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:54 am

Billy86 wrote:I don't see any delay stomps in Brighton Rock - Live. I see Star Gate, Red Special, Treble Booster and FOX Phaser. Did you insert a separate stomp delay that's not a part of the BM Collection?

Here's a screenshot of my Brighton Rock preset, with the L/R delays highlighted just before the amps. These should be part of the preset and are not ones I've added. They're standard AT delay stomps and are freely adjustable independently of one another.

Billy86 wrote:I'm using Who Wants to Live Forever preset, and there are no delays either. Same stomps as Brighton Rock, except the phaser is replaced with the Wah.

Correct, there are no delay stomps as part of this preset.

Billy86 wrote:The only delays are on the L and R amps themselves. And their delay time values can't be set separately.

This is the bit that I'm getting confused on, along with what you said in your first post:

Billy86 wrote:they seem linked, and whatever I set in one amp overrides whatever I set in the other.

On these BM30 amps, there are no other controls apart from volume and power. Are you talking about the rack delay that is on the Master bus in the mixer? If so, then yes that would affect both amps as this delay is on the main output of the summed amp/cabs. Maybe a screenshot of your chain will help us How to Post Images
garfy

Postby Billy86 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:52 pm

garfy wrote:
Billy86 wrote:I don't see any delay stomps in Brighton Rock - Live. I see Star Gate, Red Special, Treble Booster and FOX Phaser. Did you insert a separate stomp delay that's not a part of the BM Collection?

Here's a screenshot of my Brighton Rock preset, with the L/R delays highlighted just before the amps. These should be part of the preset and are not ones I've added. They're standard AT delay stomps and are freely adjustable independently of one another.

Billy86 wrote:I'm using Who Wants to Live Forever preset, and there are no delays either. Same stomps as Brighton Rock, except the phaser is replaced with the Wah.

Correct, there are no delay stomps as part of this preset.

Billy86 wrote:The only delays are on the L and R amps themselves. And their delay time values can't be set separately.

This is the bit that I'm getting confused on, along with what you said in your first post:

Billy86 wrote:they seem linked, and whatever I set in one amp overrides whatever I set in the other.

On "Who Wants to Live Forever" patch, there are chorus, delay and harmonizer options. I'm trying to use the delay controls setting separate delay times for each amp in the Value window.
Maybe this GIF will clarify:

On these BM30 amps, there are no other controls apart from volume and power.

Not what I'm seeing on the patch I'm using...

Are you talking about the rack delay that is on the Master bus in the mixer? No.

If so, then yes that would affect both amps as this delay is on the main output of the summed amp/cabs. Maybe a screenshot of your chain will help us How to Post Images
Billy86

Postby garfy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:02 pm

Hi Billy86

Ok, well the GIF clarifies that you are using AT4 which you hadn't mentioned beforehand.

I'm afraid I don't have access to Brian May in AT4 so I can't offer anymore help.

Unless someone else chimes in, I think the best thing to do would be to have a look through the FAQs and, if you can't find the answer there or in the User Guide, you should open a ticket with Official IK Support. There will be a link at the top of the Search FAQs page.

They endeavour to reply within 2 days, but obviously at the moment this may take a little longer.
garfy

Postby Billy86 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:04 pm

garfy wrote:Hi Billy86

Ok, well the GIF clarifies that you are using AT4 which you hadn't mentioned beforehand.

I'm afraid I don't have access to Brian May in AT4 so I can't offer anymore help.

Unless someone else chimes in, I think the best thing to do would be to have a look through the FAQs and, if you can't find the answer there or in the User Guide, you should open a ticket with Official IK Support. There will be a link at the top of the Search FAQs page.

They endeavour to reply within 2 days, but obviously at the moment this may take a little longer.

Okay, thanks. I appreciate the attempt.
Billy86

Postby l.budge » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:43 pm

If I were you I would download the free version of Amplitube 5 as your existing purchases will carry over from AT4 and it should make this much easier for you. It is also a big improvement on AT4.
l.budge

Postby Billy86 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:34 am

Thanks, yeah. I'm looking at upgrading to AT5. Haven't used AT4 in a while, so wasn't up to speed on all the new AT5 stuff. Checked out some YT vids. A definite improvement it seems. Am going to ask some questions in the forum to make sure I understand what happens with my AT4 Collections. Thanks.
Billy86

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling