[RESOLVED] IRig pro duo midi input to iPad Air 4

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

[RESOLVED] IRig pro duo midi input to iPad Air 4

Postby Missusmakinmusic » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:49 pm

Please help. I’m trying to connect midi from my Yamaha keyboard to GarageBand on an iPad Air 4 (2020) using iRig pro duo. My mic input works fine and I can connect the keyboard at line level but not midi. Any advice would be appreciated.
Missusmakinmusic

Re: IRig pro duo midi input to iPad Air 4

Postby mrtimothy » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:08 am

Sorry I can't help with your issue but I just wanted to ask about the unit.
Have been looking everywhere for info regarding getting line level into this.
Do you need to adjust anything with software or does the gain control on the unit turn the input down far enough to use line level?
Thanks.
mrtimothy

Re: IRig pro duo midi input to iPad Air 4

Postby Missusmakinmusic » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:00 am

Hi mrtimothy,
Fortunately I was able to solve my issue - really just a matter or reconnecting everything in the right order and then reading through GarageBand for dummies. To answer your question, I didn’t need to adjust anything when connecting the keyboard through line level and the gain worked fine. Not really any different than if you were plugging in a guitar.
Missusmakinmusic

Re: [RESOLVED] IRig pro duo midi input to iPad Air 4

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:43 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories