AMPLITUBE 5 version Upgrade [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AMPLITUBE 5 version Upgrade [Resolved]

Postby manoo85 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:36 am

I am really new to this world and I cannot find an answer to my doubt. The support did not answer me either by mail or by phone, so I decided to write here in the forum.

I just bought AmpliTube 5 SE without reading much, because the CS version was great and I would like to upgrade to AmpliTube 5 in the next month.
Do I need to purchase AmpliTube 5 at full price again to upgrade my SE?
I would expect to pay only some kind of difference for the upgrade, because I already own part of the "5" bundle with the "SE" version.

I am a bit confused and I struggle to find clear information about it: the shop on the site and in the custom shop continues to show me the full price for the amplitube 5 and also in the Crossgrade / Upgrade section tells me that I have to buy a 99 $ product to access Crossgrade.

I hope someone can clarify my doubt. Thanks in advance!
manoo85

Re: AMPLITUBE 5 version Upgrade

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:59 am

Hello manoo85 and welcome to the forum. I am sure that you'll have a lot of fun with AT5.

First of al, have a close look at the Comparison Chart PDF halfway down the AT5 product page to make sure that the AT5 edition is the one you want.

If you Log Out of your IK User Account then look at the "Buy now" pop-up for AT5 you will see:
AmpliTube 5 (Download) 199.99
AmpliTube 5 Upgrade (Download) 149.99

Now, as you have already bought and Registered an IK Multimedia product with a standard price of 99 or more (excluding VAT) then you would qualify for the Upgrade price (for AT5, this includes Crossgrades).

The AT5 product will appear in the Crossgrade/Upgrade section of your IKM User Account, with a price of 149.99 (excluding VAT). For that price you are getting 99 (?) extra gear models.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby manoo85 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:21 pm

Hi DarkStar thank you so much for your reply and for helping me out.
First of all the support team contacted me and they are trying to help me out to clarify this thing.I have a great time using AmpliTube 5, and i think it's the best product of it's kind by far at the moment.

In my personal opinion the communication on the site it's a bit confusing, and risk to generate some kind of unwanted experience or some kind of confusion in the user. I hope they will change this thing in the future.

So if I upgrade to AmpliTube 5, from the store or the Crossgrade/Upgrade section, if I understood well, are they charging me with a 99$ in extra gears compared in to the one there are listed here:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... 5_gear.pdf

or the 99 in extra gears is already included in the pdf list?

Thanks again for your help!
manoo85

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:34 pm

You should look at the Comparison PDF, on this link: click on "Download full comparison chart" on the AT5 web page. That shows you the features and gear models in each edition of AT5.

The cost of the upgrade/crossgrade is 149.99. For that you get the difference between AT5 SE and AT5, which, I think, is 99 additional gear models.

PS If you have any JamPoints you can use them to reduce the cost of the Upgrade (by up to 30%)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby manoo85 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:49 pm

Thanks again for your answer, now everything is clear.

I just buy the AT5MAX upgrade because it is the most convenient way to upgrade the SE version at the moment. So, if I 'm not wrong:

SE —> 77 GEARS
99 + VAT

-----

AT5 —> 177 GEARS
199 + VAT

SE + UPGRADE TO AT5 —> 177 GEARS (the same as the AT5 "only version")
99 + 149 = 248 + VAT

-----

AT5MAX —> 416 GEARS
399 + VAT

SE + UPGRADE TO AT5MAX —> 416 GEARS (AT5 MAX "only version")
99 + 299 = 398 + VAT

At the end AT5 MAX is the more convenient offer at the moment out there (price vs gears is great). So for every new buyer that don't have in plan to buy (ever) the max version It's much better to buy the AmpliTube 5 instead of the SE, or buying the SE and then only the wanted gear or bundles into the Custom Shop.

Hope they will create a more adeguate communication on the site about this thing because in my personal opinion it's confusing, and maybe someone can take it as a way to get more money instead of a precise marketing strategy that got it's sense.

Thanks again for your great help!
manoo85

Postby tommartini604 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:00 am

The price is the same if you are logged in or not, 99/149/299. I paid $149.99 for Amplitube 5 (which is regular price at the moment) now if I wanted to upgrade to Max after Amplitube 5 purchase it is still $299.99 not an additional $150 (the difference). I contacted IK about this and awaiting a response. The gear differences doesn't concern me at the moment. The prices and how they are calculated does.

I looked in my Crossgrade area and the prices are exactly the same whether you have any version of Amp 4Max to 5 regular. I was hoping there would be a discount for previous owners but , nope everyone is paying full price listed on the site.
I
tommartini604

Postby garfy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:43 am

tommartini604 wrote:The price is the same if you are logged in or not, 99/149/299.

Whether you are logged in or not the website says "Starting from" with a price crossed out and then a price in red.

The "starting from" price is for eligible (previous) users. You can check this by NOT logging in and clicking "Buy Now" on AT5MAX for example and it'll be priced at 399.99 with an add to cart button. If you are logged in and eligible, it will be 299.99 and show it as an Upgrade.

tommartini604 wrote: wanted to upgrade to Max after Amplitube 5 purchase it is still $299.99 not an additional $150 (the difference). I contacted IK about this and awaiting a response.

Sales support will look into this for you. Be patient, but if you feel they are taking too long to come back to you, you can reply to your own ticket and ask them for an update.

As DarkStar has already stated, users can also use Jam Points from previous purchases to reduce the cost.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby tommartini604 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:40 pm

Thanks for your reply. I logged out and the price on the screen says the same thing as being logged in not as what you stated as Starting $399 reg ($299 logged in or out) mine both show $299.99 with the $399.99 crossed out but with other retailers like Musicians Friend, Sweetwater and Guitar Center 99/149/299 is regular price. I also tried it in Incognito mode which also shows the same price as being logged out of Starting from 149/199/399 crossed out and 99/149/299 being price whether logged in or out. . Either way it still doesn't account for if you purchase Amplitube 5 (standard version) and then try to upgrade to Max. The prices are still the same as if you never purchased it in the first place. I'm actually surprised not to see an "upgrade" option from previous versions of Amplitube 4 or 4Max.

I did let IK know but wanted to see if anyone is seeing this too, thus my post. Not trying to double dip support vs forums because maybe it's my browsers (would be all of them). Was just looking of others to weigh in as well.
tommartini604

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:14 pm

Please see my reply in your own thread on this topic.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26785
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby tommartini604 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:16 pm

I replied again to that link as well.
tommartini604

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:00 pm

See my reply too. IK Support can handle these upgrade requests directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tommartini604 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:06 pm

Peter_IK wrote:See my reply too. IK Support can handle these upgrade requests directly.

Thanks, I saw it and will call when I'm ready thanks.
tommartini604

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:33 pm

tommartini604 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:See my reply too. IK Support can handle these upgrade requests directly.

It would be best to use the IK Support page, as the support team do not offer direct inbound phone support and most if support personnel are not working from the office in order to stay safe during the pandemic.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tommartini604 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:04 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
tommartini604 wrote:

It would be best to use the IK Support page, as the support team do not offer direct inbound phone support and most if support personnel are not working from the office in order to stay safe during the pandemic.

I have and they got back to me with an acceptable response. Thanks for your response as well.
tommartini604

Postby garfy » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:37 pm

I think everyone has had the required contact/response now, so I'll lock this thread for completion.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling