Amplitube 5 causing lagging cursor in Cubase

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 causing lagging cursor in Cubase

Postby SloidJ » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:21 am

Hi,

My Cubase 10.5/Windows 10 cursor lags and stops and starts with Amplitube 5 VST 3 loaded as an insert. I've tried reinstalling a number of times. I create one Cubase project, with one track, with one instance of AT5 and the problem occurs. Amplitube 4 works fine.

When I went to remove AT5 VST 3 insert and try the 64 bit .dll version, I discovered that Cubase doesn't see the 64 bit dll. I know it's installed. Tried moving it to other VST folders, even to Common Files VST 2 folder, no luck. Tried rescanning in the VST Plug-in Manager, no luck.

Anybody have this problem? I'm waiting for IKM support to respond but it's been days...I'm sure because of the Covid situation.
Windows 10
GA-X58A-UD3R (rev.2.0)
16 gig Ram
500 gig SSD C:drive
AMD Radeon RX6400
Yamaha/Steinberg UR44C
Cubase 10.5
SloidJ

Re: Amplitube 5 causing lagging cursor in Cubase

Postby SloidJ » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:28 pm

Nobody has had issues with Amplitube 5 and Cubase 10.5 on Windows 10?

I have no Amplitube 5 VST2 64 bit

Only Amplitube 5 VST3 is available but causes the Cubase cursor to behave erratically.
Windows 10
GA-X58A-UD3R (rev.2.0)
16 gig Ram
AMD Radeon RX6400
Yamaha/Steinberg UR44C
Cubase 10.5
SloidJ

Postby JuanMLz » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:52 am

I may be wrong, but I don't think there's a Common Files/VST2 folder. Just Common Files/VST3.
VST2 plugins should go in Program Files/VSTPlugins, or Program Files/Steinberg/VSTPlugins.
Cubase does not support 32bit plugins.

After 28 years of loyalty to Cubase I recently had to switch to another DAW because I was absolutely fed up with its plugin funkiness... (among many other issues).
JuanMLz

Postby garfy » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:43 pm

Hello jcampbelljohn

jcampbelljohn wrote:Anybody have this problem? I'm waiting for IKM support to respond but it's been days...I'm sure because of the Covid situation.

You are correct, the Covid situation is causing some issue with the Support team as they are now working remotely. They endeavour to respond within 2 working days, so take weekends into account, but if you feel they should have replied by now (say 5 working days) please reply to your own ticket asking if they are any further forward with your support request. This is perfectly allowable within the rules of Support and as guided by point 1 of this post
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby SloidJ » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:14 pm

garfy wrote:Hello jcampbelljohn

jcampbelljohn wrote:Anybody have this problem? I'm waiting for IKM support to respond but it's been days...I'm sure because of the Covid situation.

You are correct, the Covid situation is causing some issue with the Support team as they are now working remotely. They endeavour to respond within 2 working days, so take weekends into account, but if you feel they should have replied by now (say 5 working days) please reply to your own ticket asking if they are any further forward with your support request. This is perfectly allowable within the rules of Support and as guided by point 1 of this post

JuanMLz and garfy thanks for your posts.

Garfy when I go to 'new message' and search "find a member" so I can contact Ryan_K, I get this "You are not authorized to view the member list or profiles." I don't understand. Pretty sure I'm logged in to both the forum and the IKM product and support site. Further, I tried to ad my system specs in the signature so people on the forum can see and possibly help but I also get nowhere with that when trying to edit my forum account. For now I will reply to my support ticket email. Thanks again.
Windows 10
GA-X58A-UD3R (rev.2.0)
16 gig Ram
AMD Radeon RX6400
Yamaha/Steinberg UR44C
Cubase 10.5
SloidJ

Postby SloidJ » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:26 pm

garfy wrote:Hello jcampbelljohn

garfy I was able to update my signature. Sorry about the confusion. Amplitube 5 issues still a work in progress.
Windows 10
GA-X58A-UD3R (rev.2.0)
16 gig Ram
AMD Radeon RX6400
Yamaha/Steinberg UR44C
Cubase 10.5
SloidJ

Postby garfy » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:09 am

jcampbelljohn wrote:Garfy when I go to 'new message' and search "find a member" so I can contact Ryan_K, I get this "You are not authorized to view the member list or profiles."

That's a bit weird if you're logged in. If you open a new message and type in "Ryan_IK" in the white box and hit add that should work. Alternatively, if you have a look on the main post list on this forum, find a post by Ryan_IK and click his name. That should take you to his profile details and there will be a link to send a PM there.

And thanks for adding your system specs to your sig. It's not something that we enforce around here, but it really does make things easier when people are suggesting possible fixes to know everything they're dealing with.

jcampbelljohn wrote:Amplitube 5 issues still a work in progress.

Keep on dealing with Support. This is an issue that I can't remember seeing on this forum, so it's definitely one that Support will be best placed to help with.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby SloidJ » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:20 pm

Thanks again garfy. I'm on it. :-)
Windows 10
GA-X58A-UD3R (rev.2.0)
16 gig Ram