Is there an upgrade price? [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Is there an upgrade price? [Resolved]

Postby tommartini604 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:58 pm

I noticed that if I log out and look at the prices as a random customer that the prices for Amplitube 5 and Max are the same as anyone who has had Amplitube 4 Max and wants to upgrade? Is there going to be an upgrade price or does everyone now have to pay full prices no matter what?

I noticed that since its been released there hasn't been an upgrade discount. I checked my acct and its all the same. Weird.

Logged in:
Amp 5SE= 99.99
Amp 5= 149.99
Amp 5 Max= 299.99

Logged out:
Amp 5SE= 99.99
Amp 5= 149.99
Amp 5 Max= 299.99

Also Retailers are still selling this for more than IK does. Musicians Friend have no upgrade price or item either, nor MAX at all.
GC is the same as MF.
Sweetwater sells upgrade for same a s IK regular prices.
Can someone figure this out? I spent a lot of AMp4 Max only to have to rebuy it at full price again? Doesn't make sense. Is this a mistake?
tommartini604

Re: Is there an upgrade price?

Postby tommartini604 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:01 pm

So I wanted to see if the price to upgrade once you purchased Amplitube 5 changes, nope it's still $299.99. I purchased Amplitube 5 from MF once they matched IK's price. I contacted IK directly to get feedback about this. doesn't make sense that no matter what you buy you still have to pay full price for the next level even from another of the same series. From Amplitube 5 to upgrade to Max is $299.99.
tommartini604

Postby manoo85 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:58 am

Hi, I was asking something similar here some days ago.
You can find my post here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26762" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

maybe it can help you clarify the question.

Logged in:
Amp 5SE= 99.99
Amp 5= 149.99
Amp 5 Max= 299.99

Logged out:
Amp 5SE= 99.99
Amp 5= 149.99
Amp 5 Max= 299.99

IK multimedia shop show you always as first the upgrade price whatever your state is (logged/not logged).
If you try to log out and then go to the software shop page, you will see the 299.99 sale but if you click on the "buy" button, then in the popup you will see that the real cost for the complete version is 399.99

So IK multimedia offer a 100$ discount for the upgrade at the moment, for what I understood whatever product you got (the SE or the 5).
For the real upgrade price look at my calculation quoted in the post... hope I made it well.

I continue to be really confused on this upgrade price thing, also in the upgrade/crossgrade page it's really difficult to me to understand before the checkout what is the real cost of everything.

By the way all my problems stopped when I upgraded my SE to the MAX version and I'm super happy because the software is really great in my opinion.
manoo85

Postby tommartini604 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:59 pm

^^^

Thanks for your replay. Yeah i saw it. It's not the price itself I was questioning but more of why that if you buy Amplitube 5, then after purchase say I wanted the rest of Max instead, the price is still $299.99. there is no option for Upgrade from...." which in my case would allow me to pay the difference from Amp 5 to Max for $150 not $299 it says it will be in my cart. I also was surprised not to see an upgrade from Amplitube 4 Max at a discounted price.

So basically I just paid full price to rebuy everything I had in Amp 4 Max but now with the upgraded Amp architecture and options that someone who didn't have a previous version does. See my point? I let IK know about this and await their response but wanted to see if others see what I see.
tommartini604

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:05 pm

Just to clear up the confusion on the prices. As listed on this page:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/index.php?p=versions
the prices are headed "Starting from". That is true - the lower displayed price is that of the Upgrade. Click on [Buy now] and, if you are logged out, click on [Version] to see the different prices. If you are logged in, you will be shown the price relevant to you, based on your existing licensed products.

And, as I understand it, the crossed-out prices are the lowest that will apply after the Introductory pricing ends (on February 1, 2021, I think).

To summarise, the current prices are:
    AmpliTube 5 SE 99.99
    AmpliTube 5 standard 199.99,
    AmpliTube 5 upgrade 149.99
    AmpliTube 5 MAX standard 399.99
    AmpliTube 5 MAX upgrade 299.99
So a new user would pay 199.99 for AT5 and a user who qualifies for the upgrade (or crossgrade would pay 149.99.

Having said all that I have suggested to IKM an alternative way of presenting a complex set of prices.

---------------------------------
The move from AT5 to AT5 MAX provides many Collections (Fender® Collection 1 & 2, AmpliTube SVX 1 & 2, AmpliTube Orange®, AmpliTube Mesa/Boogie, Fulltone® Collection,
AmpliTube Leslie®, AmpliTube Slash, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix, AmpliTube Brian May, Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection and AmpliTube Joe Satriani). These account for (most of?) the additional gear (60 stomps, 73 amps, 74 cabs, 18 speakers, 7 mics and 8 rack FX).

Individually those Collections would cost more than the Upgrade price. If you do not want those, then you do not need AT5 MAX. All of your AT4 gear will work in AT5.

The move from AT4 MAX to AT5 MAX provides the 7 Collections released after AT4 MAX was released.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby tommartini604 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:15 pm

That is not what I am seeing. I see and understand what you said but as a non owner or user they all see the Discounted "upgrade" price and can buy it that way. A friend of mine purchased it for the same price I did $149.99. He never owned it before or was upgrading....the price is the same for all. 99.99/149.99/299.99 regardless if you own any version or are a new purchaser. So the Red bold price is the same for everyone.

Now as an AmpliTube 4 MAX owner I did not technically receive any discount from what anyone can pay but my friend who has never owned any previous version paid the "upgrade" pricing because that is what he saw when he purchased it. We both paid $149.99 and got the exact same gear. I believe MAX 4 is the same exact gear as Amplitube 5 standard. The difference is upgrade to the GUI, IR's and a few added amps which I would have either way when buying 5.

So every time they come out with a new version everyone should just expect to pay for everything they have over and over. That is technically the way it is set up at the moment and may just be a glitch, I really don't know. I paid for it either way and got everything except the "artist " packs in MAX. That was another $150 from what I paid now but if I want to upgrade to them would be $299.99 anyway.
tommartini604

Postby tommartini604 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:22 pm

The actual solution is to sell your previous licenses and just buy Amplitube 5 Max. You are at the top tier and pay for it all as a 1st time user would do. Case solved. Simple. Now you have the complete updated version of everything ad can recover your costs of older stuff having the same gear.

That is what I am going to do.
tommartini604

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:32 pm

I think that anyone can purchase an Upgrade if they want. In the case of AT5, the Upgrade pricing has been extended to include "Crossgrades" (which is available to anyone whose IKM User Account has any IKM product with a list price of 99.99 or more).

If your friend has no such qualifying product then he would not be able to Authorize AT5. If he can, then that sounds like a bug and will be fixed.

The AT4 MAX gear (over 330 models) is not the same gear as AT5 standard (176 models).

--------------------------------------
Please remember that transferring a licence to another user requires a Licence Transfer, as described here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=44
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:55 pm

DarkStar is correct that the Upgrade/Crossgrade pricing is for anybody with a product valued at 99.99+ in their account.

Also, there aren't specific SKUs/items in the store for the upgrade from one version to another, but if you contact IK Support they can help you upgrade (for example from AT5 SE to AT5 MAX etc). No need to sell things, etc etc, which is more complicated than allowing support to assist you with your request.

We're happy to see people that are enjoying their AmpliTube 5 purchase so much that they want to upgrade so quickly. Which is why support is happy to help those folks out directly.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tommartini604 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:40 pm

Got an acceptable answer from support. Thanks for everyones help.
tommartini604

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:53 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling