It was inevitable Mr. Anderson, "first impressions" thread

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: It was inevitable Mr. Anderson, "first impressions" thre

Postby livesforrap » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:16 pm

PICS! Cool.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:34 pm

When I win these lottery's, ima make a major guitar purchase :lol:
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby supanorton » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:43 pm

livesforrap wrote:See, I don't have the fingers for those guitars you have. I need things with fret access higher, that's why I don't have a LP or something like that. I have a Carvin that sounds killer (Cali) but I hate the mahogany neck :(

The PRS might have good high fret access but I'm not sure. Also not sure about the single coil hum (I like a bit of gain on my SC neck :) )

For now I'll just use this one, with like you said the "Marshal" stuff and the Pink Taco, 4x12 cabs and do dad rock :lol:

Look at a Gibson or Epiphone SG. No problem with neck access on those! I don't get on with them because of the different balance and the headstock being so far away.
supanorton

Postby livesforrap » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:39 pm

An SG is pretty cool. Gibson seems (according to the net) to have some issues on certain ones.

Well, I didn't win the lottery :( So no new guitars to play in AT.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:32 am

Checked out "ampire" for the heck of it tonight (I did the sphere thing)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Naw, it's not horrible it's just that AT5 blows it out of the water.
livesforrap

Postby tommartini604 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:06 pm

What's wrong with the tuner? I've compared to the others I have and its accurate, easy to use, and easy to see. I don't understand?
tommartini604

Postby livesforrap » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:19 pm

You're late to the party. Some of us were having issues. Though it's not in the release notes, they did something (I had a ticket) and now it seems to be fine.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:46 am

One other thing in my blabbering, I think they dropped the ball in the cab to pair with the "NY bass head"

It should have a "tweeter" insert and with ought changing the cab, it's a miss. IMHO.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:38 am

It's funny how getting that "guitar god" tone is always so different than mixing into a session :lol:

Anyone else guilty of that?

Doing a lot of mixing lately and still finding I have to do things with eq's and stuff. But the main reason for bumping this is that the PRS "silver" is really sitting nicely into my stuff with other instruments.
livesforrap

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:41 pm

livesforrap wrote:It's funny how getting that "guitar god" tone is always so different than mixing into a session :lol:

Anyone else guilty of that?

Doing a lot of mixing lately and still finding I have to do things with eq's and stuff. But the main reason for bumping this is that the PRS "silver" is really sitting nicely into my stuff with other instruments.

Listening to a guitar tone that fits well into a mix soloed is like hearing your speaking voice recorded vs your head voice. So many a shrill and tinny guitar part sounds god-like in a mix. It's both cool and disheartening at the same time if you're the guitar player :D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby livesforrap » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:17 pm

The option to simply click on an icon in the right of amp choices is far more brilliant that I thought. Redoing some stuff and had really no real clue of the amp I wanted to use.

Playing/looping the part and then simply clicking on an amp saved quite a bit of time vs going through all those menus and doing it the old way.

Something you don't realize the power of until you are in a similar situation.

Still, like in the feature requests, it would be nice if there was a key command to go up/down/right/left once you are in the neighborhood.
livesforrap

Postby supanorton » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:28 pm

livesforrap wrote:The option to simply click on an icon in the right of amp choices is far more brilliant that I thought. Redoing some stuff and had really no real clue of the amp I wanted to use.

Playing/looping the part and then simply clicking on an amp saved quite a bit of time vs going through all those menus and doing it the old way.

Something you don't realize the power of until you are in a similar situation.

Still, like in the feature requests, it would be nice if there was a key command to go up/down/right/left once you are in the neighborhood.

It really is great. The other night I had an idea that I just wanted to get down and thought I had the perfect preset. I didn't. I just loaded the Brit 900 to get something passable and auditioned amps after the fact. So great for getting something down before it's forgotten and, as you say, "simply clicking on an amp" made it so easy. I hadn't used the Jet City amps before and one of them turned out to be the one. Crazy!
supanorton

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:37 am

I was just taking advantage of this feature but with cabinets. I was comparing some upcoming artist presets as given vs using a slightly different cabinet (hey, I have my reasons - guitar legends don't know what *I* want for tone all the time!! ;) ) and it was really convenient to compare quickly.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby livesforrap » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:06 am

Peter_IK wrote: I was comparing some upcoming artist presets

IK, busy busy busy :lol:
livesforrap

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:54 am

livesforrap wrote:
Peter_IK wrote: I was comparing some upcoming artist presets

IK, busy busy busy :lol:

First comes 5.0.2 then some surprises :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling