PowerBridge no more?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

PowerBridge no more?

Postby MoogMensch » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:23 am

So I went onto the site hoping to order a PowerBridge for my iRig Duo Pro and iPad/iPhone and I see that it's no longer available. Is there a replacement product or am I limited to running an iOS device solely off its own internal battery while connected to the iRig Duo Pro?
MoogMensch

Re: PowerBridge no more?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:46 pm

I'm told an alternative is the Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter.

Using this Apple adapter, one can connect their iRig device using the USB port while connecting their Apple iPhone/iPad charger to the available lightning port on the adapter. This will charge your iOS device during use while allowing the interface connection as well.

If that doesn't work or isn't the right solution, I'd suggest speaking about it further with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MoogMensch » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:53 pm

Yeah, I'm not seeing how that works. The Apple Lightning to USB 3.0 Type-A Camera Adapter has a male Lightning pigtail and the adapter's little box has a female USB-A socket and a female USB 3.0 socket. I get that the iRig Pro Duo came with both a Lightning cable and a USB 3.0 cable so I can see where if I swapped out the former with the latter I could connect the Apple adapter between the Pro Duo and the iPad - but where does power for the iPad come into this arrangement?
MoogMensch

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:02 pm

MoogMensch wrote:Yeah, I'm not seeing how that works. The Apple Lightning to USB 3.0 Type-A Camera Adapter has a male Lightning pigtail and the adapter's little box has a female USB-A socket and a female USB 3.0 socket. I get that the iRig Pro Duo came with both a Lightning cable and a USB 3.0 cable so I can see where if I swapped out the former with the latter I could connect the Apple adapter between the Pro Duo and the iPad - but where does power for the iPad come into this arrangement?

You would connect your iRig device via USB and your charger to the Lightning port on the adapter. If you are still unclear, please inquire with IK Support and I'm sure they can walk you through a proper solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories