Irig stomp io not fully functional with AT5 [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Irig stomp io not fully functional with AT5 [Resolved]

Postby Bkock01 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:55 pm

Hi

My irig stomp io works fine with AmpliTube 4 but is not fully functional with Amplitibe 5.
Like unable to access Looper mode, changing banks doesn’t shows in window. Also cant access the tuner.
Changing presets and stomp mode works fine.
Same issue in two pc’s

Anyone the same experiance? Anyone a solution?

Regards
Ben
Bkock01

Re: Irig stomp io not fully functional with AmpliTube 5

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:58 pm

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Have you reported your issue to IK Support for official assistance yet as well? http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Bkock01 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:24 pm

Hi Peter,
Thank you for your response. Sure did contact support the other day.
Found out later after installing Amplitube 4 it works. So I ruled out hardware failure.
I was wondering more people have to same problem or solved this issue.

Best regards
Ben
Bkock01

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:06 pm

This sounds more like an AT5-related topic, so I have moved the thread to that sub-forum.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby captship » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:30 pm

I am finding some issues using my Stomp with AT5 that I did not experience with AT4.

Works as designed, albeit very slow to load up, if I use standalone immediately after booting up the computer - a WIN 10 with I5 2.7GHZ processor with 8 GB ram -

If I try using standalone after the computer has been on for more than an hour I experience many of the problems you describe. I get nothing connected, can't open I/O buffers etc error messages and have to reboot to get it to work. Stomp lights work but AT5 does not recognize it. I can use standalone AT5 with mouse/keyboard control though.

Changed the power option on the computer to never go to sleep and only shut off the monitor after 15 minutes. With this setup, not preferred but a workaround, I can at least start AT5 and use the Stomp without having to reboot.

I opened a ticket with support.
captship

Postby captship » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:38 pm

captship wrote:I am finding some issues using my Stomp with AT5 that I did not experience with AT4.

Works as designed, albeit very slow to load up, if I use standalone immediately after booting up the computer - a WIN 10 with I5 2.7GHZ processor with 8 GB ram -

If I try using standalone after the computer has been on for more than an hour I experience many of the problems you describe. I get nothing connected, can't open I/O buffers etc error messages and have to reboot to get it to work. Stomp lights work but AT5 does not recognize it. I can use standalone AT5 with mouse/keyboard control though.

Changed the power option on the computer to never go to sleep and only shut off the monitor after 15 minutes. With this setup, not preferred but a workaround, I can at least start AT5 and use the Stomp without having to reboot.

I opened a ticket with support.

I also changed power settings "power plan" to be high performance - default is balanced - and find AT5 and Stomp load up quicker and fewer instances of lag between stomp and AT5.
captship

Postby Bkock01 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:19 am

Installed the usb ASIO driver of the iRig :? . Didn't do that at first because I have a Focusrite to support my ASIO. But it did something for the connection to the controller as well.
All works fine now.
Love AT5 8-)
Bkock01

Re: Irig stomp io not fully functional with AT5 [ Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:23 pm

Well, I'm glad that you've got it working.

But please report your findings to Support as there seems to be something odd happening. I cannot think why AT5 needed the Stomp I/O driver installed by AT4 did not.

-----------------------------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling