New user question Amplitube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

New user question Amplitube 5

Postby WRod » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:08 pm

This is the first version of Amplitube that ive purchased. Timing was better.....i was bored with my current modeler, TH3, and any other sim i own. I happily used the custom shop model of A3 and A4 with a couple of amps and cabs ive purchased over the years. I now own Amplitube 5 max. Since i now have every model in the custom shop available to me, does it not make sense that they would also work in A4 too?

Product manager shows that A4 version 4.10 is installed and authorized on my computer, and the usual "cs" is no longer displayed since im not using the Custom Shop version of A4 any longer, but the models are grayed out.

If his IS in fact the proper behavior, and what i should be seeing, what do i have to do to use A4? Downgrade lol?

Thanks
Amplitube 5 Max/Windows 10
WRod

Re: New user question Amplitube 5

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:53 pm

I think that that is the correct behaviour.

You have licences for some gear models to run in AT4, and for lots (the "MAX") of models to run in AT5. The AT5 MAX licence would not unlock additional gear models in AT4.

I do not know why the "CS" has disappeared off AT4 CS.

AT5 does not replace AT4 on your disk or in your projects. But you should still be able to run or load AT4 and use those gear models that you have licensed.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby WRod » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:11 pm

DarkStar wrote:I think that that is the correct behaviour.

You have licences for some gear models to run in AT4, and for lots (the "MAX") of models to run in AT5. The AT5 MAX licence would not unlock additional gear models in AT4.

I do not know why the "CS" has disappeared off AT4 CS.

AT5 does not replace AT4 on your disk or in your projects. But you should still be able to run or load AT4 and use those gear models that you have licensed.

I figured that was the intended behavior. Thanks for the heads up. Also A3 is gone from the product manager. I guess its a thing of the past? Im thinking though that i should still be able to run an older custom shop version or legacy installer to load A3, just long enough to retrieve any old information, such as presets.
WRod

Postby WRod » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:14 pm

as well, if youre a mod, and if youre not you should be, youre awfully helpful to a LOT of people, you can mark this thread solved or delete if you feel it serves no further purpose. Thank you again. Happy holidays
WRod

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:20 pm

Thank you; yes I am a Moderator, but also a user. I do not have any special insights into IK Multimedia.

As for AT3, go to your My Products area, you may find "AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop" or another AT3-era product. And you can click [Past Releases] and scroll down.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling