AmpliTube 5.0.0 Help!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5.0.0 Help!

Postby kezzamachine » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:35 am

Okay, this is going to sound complicated. Apologies in advance.

Righto - first off the bat, I love AmpliTube 5. It makes me want to cry, its so good. All I currently want to do is play guitar, but dang life keeps happening.

My story is this: 5.0.0 comes online. I download/install it. It won't load up. I find someone has worked out that the screen needs to be set to 100% (my laptop screen is usually set to 150%). I tried that. It worked. Lovely! I played lots of cool things. I organised a jam session with family and friends for the 26th. So excited to show it off!

5.0.1 releases. I download/install. When I load it up, it gets to the start screen, the loading bar goes about 40% of the way, and after about 30-40 seconds, it just crashes out. I can't load it. I send a report to the place-you-send-reports-to. I figure, that's okay, just re-install 5.0.0 and use that until someone gets back to me. That one worked, I loved it, no problems! I look at my harddrive where I keep my files and see that, in my uber-excitement to install AmpliTube 5, I've forgotten to copy the install file to it. I also deleted all my download files. No worries. It will be on the IK page under my products... but, it's not. Oh.

Now, I'm a fairly patient man. I'm usually happy to wait for the troubleshooters to get back to me... buuuut, tomorrow (here) is Christmas so I expect the IK folk won't necessarily prioritise me pre-Christmas... and my jam session is the day after. I really don't want to walk in to that with AmpliTube 4 Deluxe instead of the slick amazing AmpliTube 5 Max. That would suck.

My question (TL;DR?): does anyone have the 5.0.0 install file that I can get? Getting so desperate right now...
kezzamachine

Re: AmpliTube 5.0.0 Help!

Postby kezzamachine » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:43 am

Ooo! Just tried (should'a done this earlier...) AmpliTube 5 in Reaper and it's working!

Well, that alters things slightly...
kezzamachine

Postby kezzamachine » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:57 am

So, I can run it, but can't get my pedals to be seen by Reaper. Probably an easy fix somewhere, but would prefer to run the standalone at a session. Still after the 5.0.0 file!
kezzamachine

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:10 pm

Generally, past releases are in your User Area / My Products section, but currently (?) this is not the case for AT5 v5.0.0. Would it, by any chance, still be in your IKPM Downloads folder?

As for seeing the pedals in Reaper: you need to define the device in the Preferences, as a MIDI input, enabled for Input. Then RecArm the track, select the device, make sure Input Monitoring is enabled.(I may have missed a step :)). You may want to use a separate track for the pedals device and Send its MIDI to the AmpliTube track
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby kezzamachine » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:36 am

Great news! The Help Desk folk got back with a range of solutions and we gots it working! All good to go! And I also have the Reaper/Midi pedal combo working!!!

Christmas and AmpliTube rule.
kezzamachine

Postby Tom Kearney » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:43 pm

Did you get the pedals working in Reaper without using a separate midi track?
Tom Kearney

Postby kezzamachine » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:51 pm

I can't fully remember what happened but it was to do with setting up parameters. I'll be able to look atvit again soon and can let you know what I did if you like!
kezzamachine

Postby Tom Kearney » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:03 pm

Yes please - thanks!
Tom Kearney

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling