Pitch Shifter AT5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Pitch Shifter AT5

Postby Wildboy3 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:57 pm

I use the pitch shifter a lot. I play a lot of songs and when i sit down at the computer, instead of having two guitars tuned differently, I have only one and use the pitch shifter to go from standard tuning to E flat tuning.

I used that a lot in AT4 and now I transferred this process to AT5.

Seems to me the pitch shifter in AT5 is not as good as the one in AT4. I just played with both just now and the AT4 version is much better sounding. It seems the version from AT5 almost completely muffles the string attack and makes the note sound like it cam on from a rapid volume swell: it's not natural sounding. This is especially evident on clean sounds on the Marshall amps.

When trying to play GNR Don't Cry on clean with the pitch shifter down one coarse step, it sounds fine on AT4 but it sounds completely artificial on AT5...

Is it just me ? Is there a better way?
Wildboy3

Re: Pitch Shifter AT5

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:30 pm

It would be worth raising your finding with Technical Support and asking for their comments. If anything, the FX should be better.

Contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling