12" speakers I could swap in AT4 seem locked in AT5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

12" speakers I could swap in AT4 seem locked in AT5

Postby Emanthemirror » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:52 pm

I see that there are reports of missing purchased gear and there's a sticky post about re-doing authorisations and so on. I was missing a couple of mics in AT5, did a reinstall and reauthorised and now they're fine.

Still, I used to swap between different 12" speakers when using a free 12" cab with the Tiny Terror in AT4. I could put whatever 12" speaker was in the list in said cab, but now most seem to be locked in AT5, just the American 12K, Brit 80 and Brit Green seem readily available.

I am mainly a bass player so my main purchase is Ampeg SVX gear, the Acoustic 361 cab and a bunch of other mics and racks I cherrypicked, but I was wondering about those 12" cones I used to use alongside the Tiny Terror or 12" guitar cabs in AT4.

Also: is there a way to import some presets saved in AT4 into AT5 or is it a matter of recreating them manually? Some of them I can't so far unless I find out how to gain back access to those aforementioned 12" speakers.
Emanthemirror

Re: 12" speakers I could swap in AT4 seem locked in AT5

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:16 pm

If you own the cabinets and can't use the 12" speakers from those cabinets, I'd recommend first updating to 5.0.1 that was released this morning and if you have the same results please open a ticket with IK Support and they'll assist you.

For presets, this is covered in the User Manual but TL;DR is that you just need to copy them over in your filesystem.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:34 pm

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Emanthemirror » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:28 pm

Thanks for the preset tip, I'm glad to know they are retro compatible. Version is already 5.0.1

Re. the 12" speakers, I didn't purchase all the cab sims featuring those speakers, but in AT4 I'm able to swap them all, basically - on a 12" cab model, of course. I checked just now.
Emanthemirror

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling