AXE I/O Solo - Still problems as Windows Standard Device?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O Solo - Still problems as Windows Standard Device?

Postby ErikFurbetta » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:05 pm

Greetings Fellas,

I am interested in the AXE I/O Solo because I use a lot of guitar amp sims. Currently I use a Behringer UMC 404HD but as you can imagine, it is not the best interface for playling guitar, latency wise and sound wise.

I found in a german review from thomann.de the following problems of some user (Google translated):

"Quite a few problems as a standard output device in Windows, even ASIO causes problems, so the DAW sometimes cannot access and you have to switch the AX off and on again. The changes to the buffer and sample rate (e.g. a change from 44 to 96 kHz) do not always work. It is to be hoped that IK Multimedia can improve this with future driver updates."

I also read that some users had problems to use it simultaneously for Windows and in the DAW. I only know this kind of problems with older interfaces. My Behringer UMC has no problems like that.

I look forward to your answers and merry christmas, stay healthy.
oobboo
ErikFurbetta

Re: AXE I/O Solo - Still problems as Windows Standard Device

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:28 pm

I've never experienced those issues at all on Windows with AXE I/O and the drivers are the same with AXE I/O SOLO. That person should have reported their issues to IK Support since AXE I/O and AXE I/O SOLO are solid Windows audio interfaces. I've been doing "in the box" since the beginning (since I went to school for audio engineering right at a transitional time between analog and in the box) and even without bias from working with IK, the AXE I/O line is among the best audio interface family I've ever used.

And, of course, very stable. You should be very confident getting AXE I/O SOLO. And that reviewer should be too if they contacted IK to see what was happening on their system :D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers