AmpliTube 5 CS - No VIR

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 CS - No VIR

Postby kierank » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:35 pm

As a new customer of AmpliTube, I really wanted the Fender 2 Collection. On the AmpliTube 5 CS webpage (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5cs/), the "Key Features" lists:
Industry-leading accuracy and realism with IK’s award-winning DIM™, DSM™ and new VIR™ technology

And below it mentions the collections, with links to them. I purchase the Fender 2 Collection but I am not able to access VIR: "This feature is only available in AmpliTube 5".

Why list VIR as a key feature on the Custom Shop page when it can't be used with my CS collection purchase? I even went into Custom Shop to 'Try' a cab from there, but get the same message.
kierank

Re: AmpliTube 5 CS - No VIR

Postby garfy » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:27 pm

Hello kierank and welcome to the forum.

I guess they mention the VIR™ technology on the CS page as this is how the IRs for the cabinets have been captured and implemented in the software. If you have a look on the comparison chart you can see that the CS version of AT5 includes 16 impulses per speaker, whereas AT4CS was only 4 impulses.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby kierank » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:14 pm

Thanks garfy. So I take it that an additional purchase of at least A5 SE is required in order for me to click/use the VIR feature with the cabs I have in the Fender 2 collection?

I do think it was misleading (at the very least confusing to me) to highlight VIR as a key feature on the CS page I posted above, without an asterisk/footnote highlighting an additional purchase of at least A5 SE is required.
kierank

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:21 pm

You are right; have a close look at the Comparison Chart PDF:

AT5 SE and upwards includes the 600 impulses /speaker, the VIR™ cabinet technology and the tech view for mic movement.

But the Fender 2 Collection and other AT4 gear should load and work in AT5 CS, with up to 16 impulses /cabinet and click/drag the mics.

To me the wording on the AT5 CS page could be improved. It would be worth contacting Sales Support about the wording, explaining how it misled you and also asking why Custom Shop gear appears not be be compatible with AT4. (Just to check, you did use the new Custom Shop (v2) didn't you?)

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby kierank » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:45 pm

Thanks DarkStar. I used the contact form to send my comment to Support/Sales.
I have the latest Custom Shop/A5 installed from product manager.
kierank

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling