[RESOLVED] SampleTank iOS contant crash

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

[RESOLVED] SampleTank iOS contant crash

Postby Hectorvera » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:34 am

I have SampleTank on mi iPad iOS 14.2 Every time I tweak any of the control knobs, the whole app instantly closes down, and needs re-booting. Any solution?
Hectorvera

Re: SampleTank iOS contant crash

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:31 pm

Not sure what could be causing that, it is opening on my iPhone with the same iOS version. Please contact support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not already done so and I'm sure they can figure out what's going on.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bigangbo1 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:49 am

Did anyone get this fixed, today my Sample Tank while installed over a year decided to freeze up. Could not fix. IK is so busy with holiday n Covid I am sure I will not hear back for awhile. Anyone have answers would be great to hear. Yes I uninstalled and re did. It happens on all 3 of my devices by the way. 2 different iPad versions and one iPod.
bigangbo1

Postby Valette » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:16 pm

Same for me

SampleTank Cs began totally impossible to use in the last weeks.
Unundertandable....

Best Regards

Stéphane
Valette

Postby UdoK » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:55 pm

@ bigangbo1

I had the same Problem with freezing up SampleTank App. My solution: I set my device offline, while using SampleTank. That works.

Best regards
Matt
UdoK

Postby bigangbo1 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:28 pm

So I turned off Wireless as suggested. Low and Behold App then opened but was missing all my add on content. So took a change while app was still engaged turned on wireless hit restore my content and all came back and worked. thanks so much. However once I turned off app and turned on wireless it again failed. So I just turn off wireless and it worked again. same with my syntronik app had to do same thing.
So IK needs to figure this out ,yes I put in a ticket for support. So odd just all of a sudden it got into this funk....again Thank you for the help.. lets hope they figure out... Bigangbo
bigangbo1

Postby rarespp » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:56 pm

I’ve had same experience with Sampletank recently. IPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.2 and iPhone 7, IOS 14.2. If WiFi is on when opening the Sampletank app, the app freezes. If I turn off WiFi before opening the app, Sampletank works normally. WiFi can be turned back after the app has started. Syntronik also freezes when opening the app while WiFi is on.
rarespp

Postby bigangbo1 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:15 pm

so odd all of a sudden this crash on the Sample Tank and Syntroik apps. Yes turning off wireless first allows use. Mine was all good till just a day ago. I hope they figure this out. Apple worked with me for hours last night and were stumped. Yes on one device I did full update ( they had like 4 in past few weeks ) , this did not resolve issue so I have one device not updated and one updated. I took the advice and it works . Just not something I would like to have to do all the time so hence hopefully IK fixes this. Why wireless would interfere tells me some sort of update to wireless systems has become a glitch now. I do not believe we are 5 g yet here ? But I know the Internet had an update night before things went sour.
bigangbo1

Postby rarespp » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:13 pm

After opening, most IK Multimedia apps check to see if the app is registered. In the past, some IOS updates have caused a glitch in this process so the registration can’t be verified and the app won’t work. I wonder the current issue with SampleTank and Syntronik freezing/crashing is due to the same issue or something similar.
rarespp

Postby bigangbo1 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:16 am

good to note. will report after I hear from Ik rep. thanks to all giving information and thoughts. So far the fix to work has gone ok...
bigangbo1

Postby lowellton » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:45 pm

strange. open sampletank in iOS 14.1 and it freezes. tried to resintall and it did freezes too. help please.
thanks
lowellton

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:50 pm

Have you reported your issue to IK Support? They will be able to look directly at your issue and get you fixed up. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bigangbo1 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:59 pm

Yes I had said in my posts I had reported and made a ticket for Ik Support. They are a bit slow to get back to you now a days. Ticket put in past week before I posted here. There has to be something between internet and the software causing Glitches we are experiencing now. With all these daily and weekly updates between net and Apple , 5 in past few weeks , it is out of control now. How can anyone keep up ? I am at the point where Mobile apps will no longer be useful for me. Too many changes to IOS and the OS and updates. I just want to make music !! Not be a tech person. These types of software are not cheap games or books. I paid allot for these IOS Apps and all the Ad Ons you must purchase. To Fail and have to wait on support is frustrating. More so for Apple pushes back to developer even when the developers was not at fault, If not for Pandemic and no gigs I would have had to cancel gigs if my systems fails for my performance small or large. This is why I use multiple devices to back myself up, but when glitch affects all devices I am screwed. I guess only answer may be back to Laptops and normal software in future it appears..
bigangbo1

Postby UdoK » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:53 pm

that Apple brings out a lot of updates is one thing. but I wish ikmultimedia would at least publish updates more then last time. The last was two year ago. There are enough problems that could be solved. Freezing up is one of these. I first reported another bug about two months ago. The first information that it was due to my devices, after videos and corresponding files had been sent there was the information that there is really an error. One month has passed since then. Nothing happens.
UdoK

Postby bigangbo1 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:01 am

Well then that is not good to hear. I do not understand why if there are tickets sent in on these failures and bugs that the software developer has not responded or fixed and Sample Tank has not been updated for 2 years then . I mean they keep making AD Ons for it on the IOS and selling them as I have purchased quite allot of those ad ons. I have had Sample Tank IOS for that long or longer and never had issue till now.
But seeing how many others have had issues it is upsetting that IK has not had a probable fix yet.
To wait over a month as you have done so is also not fair. If you have not done so I suggest another ticket go in. In past with me IK has fixed most issues with other parts of their software , it does seem quite a few were problematic on installs or updates , more so when we began using their installer to install is where I had issues. I look at it like this , they made the software , was developed and sold to us customers, now glitches show up for what ever , and there is no response to fix quite a few of you out there and no push to do so it seems. Could it be just no fix ? , or just developers see no financial reason to do so ? I really hope IK responds with answers and a fix sooner than later. I have to say I have always gotten a response and a fix for my headaches . This one just makes no sense since internet is involved .
bigangbo1

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories