Amplituibe 5 + Axe I/O setup Help

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplituibe 5 + Axe I/O setup Help

Postby nicksummers7 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:27 pm

Being an analog man, this is my first foray into modelling.
I know nothing about this, and am not the most PC savvy guy to say the least.

With this in mind - I'm having set up problems.

I've got the Axe I/O hooked up via USB to my windows 10 64 bit laptop. I've got a HDMI going to an external Samsung monitor, which is in turn linked to a pair of speakers (via the Samsung's headphone/speaker out).

This works fine for music, video, etc.

However, after downloading all software, drivers, authorizing, etc. I'm not getting any sound.
I've got input signals on both the AXE I/O and Amplitube 5 ... but zero sound coming out of my speakers.

Laptop inputs and outputs are set to the AXE I/O.

What am I doing wrong here folks?

EDIT: Tweaked a couple of settings in my laptops speaker set up and Amplitube settings.
I'm now getting extreme latency and a crackly, broken sound.

All help gratefully appreciated.
nicksummers7

Re: Amplituibe 5 + Axe I/O setup Help

Postby rlh98296 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:25 am

I think the reason you're having a lot of latency/crackling is because you have your speakers plugged into the monitor, which takes it's input from the computer's soundcard.

You should be plugging your speakers into the Axe I/O outputs. Amazon sells a $13 cable that has a couple of 1/4" plugs on one end (plug into outputs 1 & 2 on the axe I/O) and a 1/8" plug on the other end (plug into your computer's speaker jack). With this arrangement, the Axe I/O is doing the processing instead of your CPU which should clear up the crackling and latency.

When you load Amplitube 5 standalone, it will show a configuration screen. make sure that it makes sense. When I loaded it the first time, it wanted to use ASIO4ALL which sent the output to the Amp Out of the Axe I/O. I changed the input setting from ASIO4ALL to AXE IO ASIO which in turn changed the Left and Right channel outputs to 1 and 2, which is what you want for your speaker setup.

Hopefully this is helpful. Good luck! Here's a link to the cable I bought.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K5 ... UTF8&psc=1
rlh98296

Postby nicksummers7 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:12 am

Thanks for this.

Rather than plugging into the laptop as you mentioned above, I'm thinking of using a similar adapter cable and going from my external powered speakers to the AXE I/O.

This should work, right?
nicksummers7

Postby rlh98296 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:07 pm

I'm glad you said that. Yes, that will work. I mistakenly said to plug it into the computer. Mine is plugged into a line-in jack on one of my speakers.
rlh98296

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling