It was inevitable Mr. Anderson, "first impressions" thread

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

It was inevitable Mr. Anderson, "first impressions" thread

Postby livesforrap » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:01 pm

Hate the tuner, worst I've ever used. Way worse than amplitube 4.

LOVE the mini plex 20 and the new amps. The mini plex 20 it super flexible. I've been playing sims a while I think this a new go-to.

Am I the only one that gets a certain "feel" that's not on 4 (or anything else frankly)

The variety is overwhelming, that is a good thing.

I like the new interface (though I'm a newb obviously)

CPU use is kosher.

Anyways, haven't had that much time but it's pretty obvious it's a win for guitar (haven't tried the bass stuff yet)
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Re: It was inevitable Mr. Anderson, the "first impressions"

Postby livesforrap » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:44 pm

I'm I the only one who got this working and checked it out? :lol:
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby vincentlugo » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:59 pm

idk if it's just the placebo effect of having some new new but i def had a lot of fun trying out my amp collection in AT5. So the cab system is proper IR's now? even on the CS version right? I went for the CS version since it makes more sense these days to not spend money on the package options. The comparison chart said it was 16 IR's per speaker i think...

It reminds me of the _ line, theres more low end and tone. Always loved IK's soldano amp sim and it sounds really good. I'll have to a/b with at4 later.
vincentlugo

Postby livesforrap » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:14 pm

I've done some a/b's and they are different for sure. As far as placebo, it's possible but I noticed a different feel to everything.

The way I'd put it is there is a bigger difference between models where as AT4 is really good, but maybe a little more "samey" at times?
livesforrap

Postby vincentlugo » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:21 pm

livesforrap wrote:I've done some a/b's and they are different for sure. As far as placebo, it's possible but I noticed a different feel to everything.

The way I'd put it is there is a bigger difference between models where as AT4 is really good, but maybe a little more "samey" at times?

how about cpu resources, did you see a difference in your a/b?
vincentlugo

Postby livesforrap » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:30 pm

It's a little more, nothing major.
livesforrap

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:52 pm

Cab section has always had IRs but also modeling (the 16 IRs you get in CS per speaker are the same from AT4).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vincentlugo » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:14 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Cab section has always had IRs but also modeling (the 16 IRs you get in CS per speaker are the same from AT4).

Oh i got the impression that with AT5 modeling was done away with in favor of IR tech. So AT5's cab section across all versions includes modeling?
vincentlugo

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:17 pm

vincentlugo wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Cab section has always had IRs but also modeling (the 16 IRs you get in CS per speaker are the same from AT4).

Oh i got the impression that with AT5 modeling was done away with in favor of IR tech. So AT5's cab section across all versions includes modeling?

I meant the previous. There is some other code still involved, yes, but only if you are not using one of the thousands of IRs (so the "between the grid" spots might involve that).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vincentlugo » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:46 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
vincentlugo wrote:

I meant the previous. There is some other code still involved, yes, but only if you are not using one of the thousands of IRs (so the "between the grid" spots might involve that).

i'm using the cs though so it's just 16 IR's per speaker right?
vincentlugo

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:33 am

Just did the head to head comparisons using a Sire (yes, they are that good) and my SVX collections. There is all kinds of volume differences so it was a challenge but the AT5's seem to have more low end and are a bit rounder.

One thing I noticed is that the 2x12 SVX2 cab now has a proper horn control rather than the attenuation in AT4.

The new bass amp is OK, but it requires the treble to be UP to get any life out of it, that is with the bright switch engaged.

The "ampless" is interesting but I need more time. It's nice though to have the DI separate and be able to blend the two together (like an svt and the ampless on the DI)
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:57 pm

Pink taco is just tasty. I like it too with a ROX (distortion +? ) with the distortion backed off to about 1 o'clock.

Couple it with Sunset Sound Studio and it's more fun today than yesterday. (no more a/b'ing :lol: )
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:05 pm

Oh yeah, another thing. Having fun with all the cab combos and routing, it's quite the rabbit hole. Gain staging is a little tough.

The new layout is quite nice.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:25 pm

Ok, I realize this is mostly a party of one, but I've also noticed that by and larger the "input" is hotter by nature than AT4. Obviously you can lower it if you want to but it makes dealing with some amps difficult. My Fender 2 collection for example, it used to be that the input on a strat was low enough that you could get "Fender" tones. Now, you have to back off the input unless you like overdriven sounds (which on that collection sounds bad to me)
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:05 pm

One thing I hate about at5, it's so discerning of some of my inferior guitars :oops:
livesforrap

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling