Upgrade to which version from Max 4

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Upgrade to which version from Max 4

Postby martijns » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:34 pm

Hi,

I just installed AmpliTube 5 CS and everything from Max 4 is there. Now is the question does it makes sense to upgrade to SE or 5 (upgrade to Max is way too high). Besides some extra models (Max 4 has already a lot to offer for me) I do not really see much what should urge me to update. Do I miss something?

By the way great update way more user friendly, nice layout nice done. But I would rather expect an upgrade price around 100 euro from max 4 to max 5 or am I wrong?

Thanks for the answers looking forward to some insights.
martijns

Re: Upgrade to which version from Max 4

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:13 pm

AT5 CS does not give you all the new features of AT5.

To help you deicide, have a close look at the Comparison Chart PDF, on a link about halfway down the AT5 product page.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby martijns » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:21 pm

I've seen it but still I don't see anything what justified the 100 euro upgrade but as I said I might be missing something so I was wondering what is confincing other users to upgrade.
martijns

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:13 pm

It's usually 600+ impulse responses per speaker vs 16 which is a huge sonic difference, but there are quite a few more features and such if you check the comparison chart on the AmpliTube 5 web page per DarkStar's suggestion.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby martijns » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:08 am

Thanks that's a good point I will put that to my list and go experimenting with Ampltude more these days to see if it's worth for me
martijns

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:43 pm

martijns wrote:Thanks that's a good point I will put that to my list and go experimenting with Ampltude more these days to see if it's worth for me

I'm also a fan of the new gear. I think it sounds amazing. I tagged each timestamp on this video if you watch it on YouTube so you can hear specific examples (or just let them all roll, they're quite nice!):

https://youtu.be/MIyxYEavCSg

Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby martijns » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:38 pm

Thanks if I buy AmpliTube SE 5 now is it possible to upgrade to Version 5 for 50 Euro later as long as the intro promotion is rolling?
martijns

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:12 pm

martijns wrote:Thanks if I buy AmpliTube SE 5 now is it possible to upgrade to Version 5 for 50 Euro later as long as the intro promotion is rolling?

There isn't a specific SKU for that, no. You'd have to request IK Support take care of such a request but I'm not sure they'd be able to either.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Sandro153 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:15 pm

I am facing the same dilemma, we need to up-date at list to AT5SE to take advantage of the new software, all three version are the same, after that the only difference is the gear. I own AT4Max and I am leading toward AT5SE or AT5, the only extra gear I currently don't have is the Brian May, don't care, the Dimebag Darrell don't care and the Joe Satriani collection that I may be interested. I am not sure if there is any new gear not available in AT4Max...

What did you end-up doing? Or still thinking?

Sandro :D
Sandro153

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:26 pm

As I understand it, the introductory prices run until the end of the year. After that, the prices will change. I suppose there might be a price for Upgrades, AT5 SE to AT5 to AT5 MAX, but I do not recall there being Upgrades for AT4.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Sandro153 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:38 pm

I think you can Crossgrade/Upgrade to AT5 and AT5Max here the requirements:

"To qualify for a Crossgrade to another product, you must be registered with a paid version of another IK Multimedia product over $/€ 99 or higher."

From IK webpage.

Sandro
Sandro153

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:44 pm

Yes, but that is not a specific from AT4 MAX, which is, I thought, what you were asking about. Apologies for any confusion.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby martijns » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:26 pm

For me it's not about the extra gear because for the time being I have enough and the price of the upgrade for 5 Max is too high. So for me it's all about the extra functions like the mixer or loading the IR. The fact is I don't know if I will need or use it. A sidi by side full version will make it easier to decide what to do. So I am still thinking
martijns

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:45 pm

martijns wrote:For me it's not about the extra gear because for the time being I have enough and the price of the upgrade for 5 Max is too high. So for me it's all about the extra functions like the mixer or loading the IR. The fact is I don't know if I will need or use it. A sidi by side full version will make it easier to decide what to do. So I am still thinking

The side by side comparison is available on the AmpliTube 5 web page. Seems like you're interested in AmpliTube 5 SE if you are not interested in the additional collections since AmpliTube 4 MAX nor the brand-new AmpliTube 5 gear (though that new gear sounds REALLY great).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Sandro153 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:54 pm

martijns wrote:For me it's not about the extra gear because for the time being I have enough and the price of the upgrade for 5 Max is too high. So for me it's all about the extra functions like the mixer or loading the IR. The fact is I don't know if I will need or use it. A sidi by side full version will make it easier to decide what to do. So I am still thinking

Exactly, with AT4 Max I already have so much gear and as I mention in my post the only collection that I don't have and maybe interested is the Joe Satriani, witch is include in the AT5 Max but is just to expensive for one collection. Like you I really am after the new software not the new gear, but on the other end I would like to know if I am leaving something behind that I could be interested.... :shock:
Sandro153

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling