No presets

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

No presets

Postby edotamere » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:50 pm

Hello, I don't have any presets in amplitube 5. They are in my document folder but they don't appear in amplitube.
I made several installations but without any change. The software is well authorized.

Any idea ?
edotamere

Re: No presets

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:55 pm

Hello edotamere and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

Hmm, they should be visible. What is the full path to the folder containing the presets? You are not using OneDrive or another Cloud folder are you? Could the folder, or a parent folder, be flagged as "hidden"?

Can you try saving a new preset with a unique name and see where AT5 wants to save it on disk? You may need to Search your disk(s) for the new preset.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby edotamere » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:15 pm

Thank you for responding so quickly.

The folder is "This PC/Documents/IK Multimedia/Amplitube 5/Presets
No files are hidden but I use onedrive. Is that a problem?

I have the impression that it doesn't save new presets, nothing appears in amplitube and the disk search didn't give anything.
edotamere

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:17 pm

I have seen others run into problems with OneDrive, but that was only a guess.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby edotamere » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:35 pm

I disabled onedrive and tried a new installation but it doesn't change anything.
edotamere

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:38 pm

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby edotamere » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:45 pm

All right, I'll try to think about it ;)
Let's go to the support then. Thank you
edotamere

Postby joletopo » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:39 am

edotamere wrote:Hello, I don't have any presets in amplitube 5. They are in my document folder but they don't appear in amplitube.
I made several installations but without any change. The software is well authorized.

Any idea ?

Hello My friend,

Did you solve your problem with presets?

I'm having similar problem, I already checked if "This PC/Documents/IK Multimedia/Amplitube 5/Presets" is hidden, and it isn't.

Also, onedrive is uninstalled and I've reinstall amplitube but everything without results. I cannot see any preset on Amplitube.

I really appreciate your support.
Best regards,
joletopo

Postby GreatSouls » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:36 am

Hello

Suddenly I started having the same problem. Did you guys figured out how to solve this issue?
Overall AT 5 is very (!) unstable and buggy for me (compared to AT 4).

Thx
GreatSouls

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:33 pm

The best thing for all of you to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby edotamere » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:13 pm

Hi! The support didn't really help me (they advised me to disable the synchronization between my documents and onedrive which was already done)

But I just discovered the solution by chance: if your Microsoft account name contains special characters it is likely that the problem comes from there.

You can create a new account and try to install on it (just changing the name won't change anything).

or (under windows 20h2 I don't know if it works under the other versions):

go to “Control Panel” --> “Clock and Region” --> “Region” --> “Administrative” Tab --> “Change system regional configuration…” --> and check the “Beta version: Use UTF-8 for language compatibility” checkbox.

Hope it helps you, it worked instantly for me ;)
edotamere

Postby GreatSouls » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:31 pm

@edotamere, Thanks for the tip.

First, apologies for the long post below.

As advised by DarkStar, I opened a support ticket with IK Multimedia on Jan 17th and so far nobody has contacted me (apart from the automated reply that my ticket has been recorded).

I am not using the Ms Cloud (and even have OneDrive uninstalled), so it looks like this issue is perhaps not directly (only) related to using a cloud solutions.

In my case, I just gave up waiting for any help from IK Multimedia... Luckily I have Amplitube 5 with the same presets on my laptop as well, so I decided to recreate them on my desktop PC (where I had the issue) one by one manually by referencing all parameters from the app on the laptop.
I just finished recreating the first preset and saved it and when activating it through the drop down I noticed that suddenly my subfolders with all custom presets I had previously are again visible.

I definitely do not want to sound rude here. I am just disappointed from the support I received (or rather, the lack thereof). I understand Amplitube 5 is a new application, that it may have issues / bugs here and there, and it may take time for it to be ironed out. This is all fine.
However, for the hundreds of $ spent on their apps and hardware (as perhaps many of the customers here) I was expecting better support responsiveness. In my case I have Amplitube 4 MAX and went back to that, but can imagine the frustration of somebody who only has version 5... and this (or some other) issue.

From reading this forum I see IK Multimedia does not take criticism easy, so I really hope they look at this post in a constructive way. I really like their products and I do think they have done a great job with AT5. The luck of a feedback, however, just left a bitter taste and made me cancel an order I was about to place for a few more add-on components for AT5...

Stay safe, folks!
Cheers
GreatSouls

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:29 pm

Just to see if I understand correctly ...

You recreated one preset on your desktop PC by copying the settings from that preset in AT5 on your laptop. Then after you saved it on the desktop PC, all the others were then available too.

Is that right?

It would be worth passing that info to Support so that the development team can understand the problem better and fix it more quickly.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby GreatSouls » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:23 am

That is what happened, yes (in my case anyway). I am not quite sure how, why etc...
Cheers
GreatSouls

Postby Colander » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:10 pm

Hello, I have had the same issue. I guess it is due to my user name in windows containing the norwegian letter "Å". The solution posted by edotamere worked for me and i have my preset list back. Thank you alot!
Colander

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling