Amplitube 5 SE NOT WORKING for inputs 7 or 8 [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 SE NOT WORKING for inputs 7 or 8 [Resolved]

Postby mschartier » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:22 pm

Note, what I am describing is currently working with Amplitube 4 and other audio input applications on Mac OS X Catalina.

If I set the audio input on Amplitube 5 to use my audio interface and its output channels 7 or 8, I get no audio from Amplitube. If I set it to input 1 or 2, it works fine. For reference, I am using a Helix LT as my audio interface and channels 7/8 are unprocessed, DI inputs, which is why I want to use those.

Is anyone else seeing this kind of issue?

Thanks,
Matt
mschartier

Re: Amplitube 5 SE NOT WORKING for input channels 7 or 8

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:26 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mschartier » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:10 pm

UPDATE:

It does not seem to be working on any channel other than channels 1 and 2. I tested this on another multi-channel audio interface and had the same results as I get on the Helix.

Can anyone confirm they see the same behavior?
mschartier

Postby simusio » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:01 pm

Hello - yes! This was driving my crazy for a couple hours this morning.

Standalone A5 won't work with channels 3/4 on my Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56.
But it does for 1/2 like you said. You can select all the channels 1-8, I can see the input is coming through on the device but nothing going into A5. A4 is working perfect with all inputs.

At least now I know I can swap the inputs round and use 1/2 but must be a bug.
simusio

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:15 pm

Please do continue to report these issues to and work with IK Support. But I do have a related question, out of curiosity... Are your upper channels Hi-Z/Instrument input or are you using a proper DI like Z-TONE DI or similar? If not, those non-Hi-Z/Instrument inputs are not going to be optimal for getting the best signal into AmpliTube 5. For example, before I had Z-TONE DI and Buffer Boost at my disposal, on my MR816 8-channel interface I would never ever even consider using anything but input 1 or 2 as those are typically the only Hi-Z/Instrument inputs on almost any audio interface.

Just curious. If there's a problem with higher channel inputs I'm sure the team will resolve it but I also want to make sure everybody is getting proper signal into AmpliTube 5 for best results.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:18 pm

I don't know about the various makes and models but support told me an update is eminent. Hope it's ok to say that.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:20 pm

Yes, that's ok. Just don't know precisely when fixes are being released. But they're working VERY hard.

But I still want to make sure everybody is using Hi-Z/Instrument inputs or the proper gear to get the proper/best signal in :)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:23 pm

My babyface pro has to be 3 for hi z and 1/2 are XLR only so I have no way of testing if those inputs work.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:24 pm

livesforrap wrote:My babyface pro has to be 3 for hi z and 1/2 are XLR only so I have no way of testing if those inputs work.

Just get this little bad boy and enjoy. :D ;)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:27 pm

Shameless plug! RME used to be known for superior drivers, not sure if that is the case these days (It's been YEARS since I've had mine, never think about getting something new)
livesforrap

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:33 pm

livesforrap wrote:Shameless plug! RME used to be known for superior drivers, not sure if that is the case these days (It's been YEARS since I've had mine, never think about getting something new)

It's not an audio interface. It would work with your favorite interface (I, for example, will be very unhappy to give up my three daisychained Steinberg MR816 interfaces so I also use the gear I proposed). Just click the link... :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mschartier » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:43 pm

** UPDATE

Confirmed fixed for me w/version 5.0.1

Thanks!
mschartier

Re: Amplitube 5 SE NOT WORKING for inputs 7 or 8 [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:46 pm

Good oh :)

------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling