AmpliTube 5 problems

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 problems

Postby Ad_Astra » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:07 pm

[Mod Edit: split into its own thread, for clarity]

Bought Amplitube 5.

- Not accepting my MOTU M4 ASIO driver
- Sonar finds Amplitube 5 but crashes right away
- Studio 4 Pro finds Amplitube 5 but is not on effects list (Amplitube 5 ignored because it is blacklisted)
- Standalone works (I use Magix ASIO atm and works fine).
- The scalable GUI is nice but when having an EQ in the racks, the text just gets blurry.
- For some reason all the Brian May gear appeared to me though I've never bought them.
- The interface is a bit laggy.
- Why on earth the preferences windows pops up every single time I open Amplitube 5?
Ad_Astra

Re: AmpliTube 5 problems

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:20 pm

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mrbender » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:49 pm

AT 5 Standalone (Mac High Sierra OS 10.13.6):

MOTU 828 Mk II interface (latest drivers)

In AT5 Settings, can only get audio input into AT5 selecting the 828's Mic/Guitar inputs (which I DO NOT USE) – selecting the 828's SPDIF Inputs (which I USE to get guitar input into the 828, bc. plug guitar into ART Pre-Amp that is connected to 828 by SPDIF) DOES NOT WORK, no guitar audio goes into AT5; can only get guitar audio into AT5 if 828's Mic/Guitar inputs are selected as the inputs in AT5 settings.
mrbender

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:50 pm

This is not a thread in which to dump problems, though. Please note DarkStar's comment above and report issues to IK Support and they will assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling