Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby pac1085 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:14 pm

Charlizard wrote:Hey!
I've bought the AMP5 MAX & AXE I/O bundle and I still can't see the option to download the MAX version :(
Tried restoring purchases in the custom shop app, and refreshed the soul out of my product manager.
Is it something anyone else is dealing with atm?
Can't wait to play it!!!

Hi, you aren't the only one with this issue. There are a few other threads with it too (including myself)
pac1085

Postby tommartini604 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:16 pm

So in Product manager there is two new things listed.

Amplitube 5 CS and Custom Shop?

It says Amplitube 5 ( and clicking on Products tab under it shows AmpliTube CS) but what exactly is that? I installed it and authorized it but is that AMP 5 that allows me a new interface? I do not see how to download anything about whatever this is onto my pc. I opened my Amp 4 Max and nothing has changed or i do not see any different interface.

The Custom Shop is only the new portal to re authorize my gear?

Confusing on why and what the first one actually is.
tommartini604

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:21 pm

Authorization issues were fixed about 30 minutes after release on your IK Product Manager. Restore purchases should fix any issues you are having. You may want to deauthorize and then authorize again, and note that this is how the "why is a serial number for a free product necessary?" issue/question as IK Product Manager takes care of all of this where you'll never need to touch that serial number at all typically.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Charlizard » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:23 pm

pac1085 wrote:
Charlizard wrote:Hey!
I've bought the AMP5 MAX & AXE I/O bundle and I still can't see the option to download the MAX version :(
Tried restoring purchases in the custom shop app, and refreshed the soul out of my product manager.
Is it something anyone else is dealing with atm?
Can't wait to play it!!!

Hi, you aren't the only one with this issue. There are a few other threads with it too (including myself)

Might have posted it before seeing all the other pages of this thread.
Yikes.
Charlizard

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:24 pm

To those complaining "where is the IK team?" and "they released and went to sleep" ... You should realize THIS is a user-to-user forum with general announcements. Not a support forum. The team has been available from the first second AmpliTube 5 was available via the IK web site - you can contact IK Support with any issues at any time and they will assist you.

The team released AmpliTube 5 to your IK Product Manager / User Area and the one authorization issue was fixed within around 30 minutes. Sorry if you were affected in that 30 minutes, but please in the future note per the rules of this forum that this is not where you get technical support though we're happy to announce things and assist in any way we can, it just won't be to the level of the official support team's abilities.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:25 pm

No yikes, authorization issues have been long fixed.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lightboy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:31 pm

sent a message to support.
Got an error on trying to start version 5 says it's missing " vcruntime140_1.dll was not found "
says to reinstall. The problem is I can't reinstall as your product manager says it is installed and does not allow you to reinstall :shock:
lightboy

Postby Charlizard » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:37 pm

I have tried re-installing the amplitube 5 and custom shop, and restoring my purchases.
Sadly, I still cannot access most of the gear...

Is there an authorization method needed that I'm missing?
Charlizard

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:38 pm

lightboy wrote:sent a message to support.
Got an error on trying to start version 5 says it's missing " vcruntime140_1.dll was not found "
says to reinstall. The problem is I can't reinstall as your product manager says it is installed and does not allow you to reinstall :shock:

You can uninstall like other apps in your Add/Remove Programs on Windows.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:39 pm

Charlizard wrote:I have tried re-installing the amplitube 5 and custom shop, and restoring my purchases.
Sadly, I still cannot access most of the gear...

Is there an authorization method needed that I'm missing?

You can deauthorize then authorize and also have the option to copy your serial and click Register Product to see if that works if the other methods do not.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby howienet1 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:57 pm

Initial impressions are that the annoying digital harshness that, for me at least, has meant Amplitube gets little use, has gone and I'm pleased I took a chance on the upgrade. Presumably this is the new cab technology, whatever, it's a considerable sonic improvement. A couple of problems, no matter how many times I reinstall, restore my gear or unauthorise/re-authorise the Jimi Hendrix Collection specific models are showing as locked, even though custom shop says they're unlocked. Well done though IK, this is the best Amplitube upgrade to my ears so far. Finally though, could you PLEASE make the product manager and custom shop resizable, I have a custom resolution set for my eyesight and they are absolutely enormous on my screen!
howienet1

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:04 pm

Please contact Support about the unlocking issues and your feature suggestions.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby b15fliptop » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:15 pm

Okay, maybe I'm thick, but how do I demo AT5? I downloaded the CS version, and can use all my old gear, but can't figure out how to demo the new features like the new cab section. The 'try' button just downloads the CS version.
b15fliptop

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:24 pm

AT5 CS does not have all the new features. Please have a look at the Comparison Chart PDF (link is on the AT5 product page).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby b15fliptop » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:26 pm

Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm asking how we're supposed to try the new features, when the only download I can find is for the CS version.
b15fliptop

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling