Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby markscrumpy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:50 pm

vac713 wrote:I had every collection on AT4. Downloaded At5 but don’t have all my collections?

Have you tried restoring your purchases in the NEW Custom Shop?

Mine won't let me until I get my serial number. It tells me "no S/N for AT5" but that's for my paid licence, not sure about the free version.
markscrumpy

Postby vac713 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:52 pm

Tried restore my purchased
Getting the following
SN not exists for AT5

How do you get the SN?
vac713

Postby spicemix » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:56 pm

I also get "SN NOT EXISTS for AT5" (sic) when restoring purchases in CS2.

I'm not sure why the CS edition isn't the default install level. The current situation is weird, because it isn't working as the free CS edition, and while it will stop working in 9 days, it isn't working as any other edition either! Why not fail any install back to the free CS edition if there is no serial number? That would allow incremental sales of CS models from any install. And if there's a timebomb demo, why not timebomb the fancy edition, to try to get us hooked on the fancy features?
spicemix

Postby markscrumpy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:04 pm

vac713 wrote:Tried restore my purchased
Getting the following
SN not exists for AT5

How do you get the SN?

You get the Serial Number when IK email it to those that have purchased AT5 (hopefully some point today)

I pre-ordered my AT5 in early November and received an email receipt that said I would receive the S/N in a separate email when it is released.
Hope that helps
markscrumpy

Postby kgmessier » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:08 pm

markscrumpy wrote:You get the Serial Number when IK email it to those that have purchased AT5 (hopefully some point today)

I pre-ordered my AT5 in early November and received an email receipt that said I would receive the S/N in a separate email when it is released.
Hope that helps

My serial number is available in the website’s user area, under the “My Products” section. Check there.
kgmessier

Postby vac713 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:09 pm

I did. Still no go
vac713

Postby markscrumpy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:22 pm

kgmessier wrote:
markscrumpy wrote:You get the Serial Number when IK email it to those that have purchased AT5 (hopefully some point today)

Hope that helps

My serial number is available in the website’s user area, under the “My Products” section. Check there.

Thanks, yes just found it but although i can register it, i can't seem to authorise it.
markscrumpy

Postby martinl.bertrand » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:26 pm

Installed free version to demo it with standalone and nothing loads.
There is no error message. Nothing shows up ???
martinl.bertrand

Postby kgmessier » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:28 pm

markscrumpy wrote:Thanks, yes just found it but although i can register it, i can't seem to authorise it.

Same here.
kgmessier

Postby neil.cummins1 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:30 pm

Ditto....multiple attempts to authorise.The Product Manager advises it is authorised,however I get repeated reminders when running up the application that it needs authorisation.
neil.cummins1

Postby marcroth » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:35 pm

Same here, authorization doesn't work (yet), thus, can also not restore the gear in customs shop. Guess just wait a bit, maybe the authorization server is overwhelmed with everyone trying like mad ;)
Last edited by marcroth on Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcroth

Postby vac713 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:36 pm

Yup
vac713

Postby markscrumpy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Such a tease!!!!!! :roll:
markscrumpy

Postby spicemix » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Standalone works fine here, without serial number, but without any of my custom shop models.

Hard to understand why a serial number would be required for a free edition of a product, when a user account is already required. Only reasons I could think for a serial number in addition to a user account would be if a user account could have multiple free edition serials (that's weird, and at least rare?) or could sell models attached to the serial but not the account (also odd?). Neither case is worth putting a speed bump in the sales funnel for.

Thinking of speed bumps in the sales funnel...I predict IK could double its revenue if it spent a quarter removing all of them for all their products. I figured that would be a key design objective for the new product manager/custom shop etc but apparently no. It's like a bureaucracy...stand in line at the DMV to get your serial number, then pay the cashier to get gear credits (maybe with jam points, and don't confuse those!) and then log in with your user account to buy models for that serial number within that account and... :?:

Anyway this is the moment you get useful feedback from customers, once they are through the funnel they forget all that. You don't hear from the ones that didn't make it through the maze...
spicemix

Postby vincentvandugteren » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:46 pm

neil.cummins1 wrote:Ditto....multiple attempts to authorise.The Product Manager advises it is authorised,however I get repeated reminders when running up the application that it needs authorisation.

Same here, can't load any additional gear except for the most basic stuff. IK product manager says Amplitube 5 was authorized correctly, but Amplitube 5 keeps bugging me about authorization. In Custom Shop I can see all my gear with a green checkmark next to it, but still in AT5 it doesn't show up. I'm running Mac Os Catalina, as with BigSur I understood there was a bug.

What a bummer...
vincentvandugteren

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling